LegacyGT.com

More fuel injector questions!

Hey everyone! I've recently had some help tracking down what injectors I need and figured out the only thing that was swapped on my engine was the block.

The VIN starts with BD5 and it's a 2.0L twin turbo, with the engine code of EJ20HDX..

I've been trying to track down some fuel injectors for it but the only ones that I can find are upwards of $700 — no fun :(

It's a 1996 Legacy sedan and I'm located on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. If anyone has any idea on where to find some of these that would be very appreciated!

I did try to talk to a company around here Rocky Mountain Imports but no luck as they could only source the new ones.

Any side feed Subaru injectors should work. I think OE injectors are 230cc, but I'm not 100% sure. If you came across some stock WRX injectors, those should work just fine.

Depends on the WRX. If it's an early JDM w/20g engine then yes. USDM WRXs 02+ use top feed injetors. 04 STis had the 550cc yellow side feeds.

I'm pretty sure the fuel injectors for the twin turbo are the grey top 440cc side feeds. They can be found on ebay pretty easily: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-FUEL-INJECTORS-SUIT-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WRX-GC8-2-0L-TURBO-SIDE-FEED-INJECTOR-0R05/112018041223?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

You can also post a WTB ad on NASIOC or BBSLegacycentral.

If you have the ability to tune for different injectors the yellow top side feeds are 550cc and a lot cheaper and easier to find.

BTW, most Ebay UK sites refer to the 440cc (grey side-feed) as 380cc. I don't know why.

Their "440cc" YELLOW side-feeds are the 480cc used on the '96+ EJ20K engines (I think), but not the 525cc / "550's" yellow side-feeds used on the USDM 2.5 Turbo EJ255/257 engines from about 2004-2007 (STI, FXT, Baja turbo, OBXT, LGT - depending on car).

So for UK-based websites:

380cc=440cc (grey tops)

440cc = 480cc (yellow tops)

Archived