LegacyGT.com

Kalien32's 05 White Wagon...

Kalien32

Hey guys. Thought I'd actually take the time to make a build thread. I'm a little late to make this, so I'll just start from the beginning of my legacy experience.

1999 Legacy GT:

I've always had a sweet spot for the Legacy model. Specifically the 4th gen. I couldn't afford a 4th Gen when I was 18. So I ended up with this little gem. Nothing special. Just tint, and exhaust. But at least it was a 5spd. ��PkK1GOl.jpg6mJyVNY.jpg

2005 Legacy GT sedan:

Fast forward about a year. I had been dreaming of a white 4th gen wagon. I searched high and low, for months. Couldn't find a 5spd white wagon anywhere. But this beauty showed up in the next town over. So I settled for a white 5spd sedan. Did a few things here and there to it. Basic stage 2 setup, and some beauty parts. Just a clean daily. Loved it!

oWqCBqd.jpgy3BQxjm.jpg7jJEC7Q.jpg

2005 Legacy GT Wagon:

After two years of loving my sedan, my girlfriend bought an 07 outback, and sparked my Firey desire for a wagon again! So the search was on. Found this thing on Craigslist in Maryland. Called the guy and after talking with him, and gathering information on the car, I bought it. Had to ship it all the way here, to Washington state, without seeing it beforehand.��

http://i.imgur.com/CpLZmmk.jpg

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took delivery of the car 2 weeks before I was scheduled to be in San Diego, for an 8 month work trip. DMetc1d.jpg

I had two weeks to swap all my parts from my sedan to the wagon, sell the sedan, and get all my stuff ready for the trip. This included tracking down a motorcycle trailer, setting the car up to tow, and making sure this new-to-me car was ready for the 21hr drive, pulling a trailer. I was a bit nervous.

sRus1XQ.jpg

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing progress on this.

I want a wagon in my life toooo, but ended up snagging a spec.B. Maybe I'll do like you did.

I got a lot more to add to this story. ;) I'm just working my way through its progress.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing progress on this.

I want a wagon in my life toooo, but ended up snagging a spec.B. Maybe I'll do like you did.

I'm positive you've seen his wagon in current form ;) I helped push him over the edge to make this today

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Time for major swap jobs... wheels, OEM splashgaurds, suspension, and downpipe... I decided to keep the Megan exhaust on the sedan, and kept the SPT exhaust that came with the wagon.

WaoGNLF.jpgs6gp2aw.jpg

Looking like it's got new life!!

PUEqSrZ.jpg

Sedan doesn't look as happy... (note my little brothers 2nd gen sedan in the background) =D

1005yrS.jpg

Made it to California! Tows great!

I should mention that the wagon also came with an SPT intake and vf46 turbo. I had the car tuned before I left for California. California only has 91octain gas. So I wanted to make sure the tune was being easy on the engine.

Ended up making 269whp/305wtq. Not too shabby. Plenty of power for a daily driver.

d9oKvFb.jpg

Made sure it had a safe place to stay...

funny story. Wasn't so safe. Came home one day, and found a guy in my place. Come to find out, he had been there all day, living the life. He was wearing my shirt, and swimshorts. Found him playing on the computer, and had my xbox on, with forza playing. He used my snorkel gear, used my shower, used my trimmers to shave his head, and ate my food. When he ran out of food, he took my car to the store and came back with soda and chips... nice enough guy, though. Almost felt bad for calling the cops on him..

nsi4HgF.jpg

Sat in my garage for about a month, while I collected parts.

New JDM rear bumper... because the old one had scratch from the fender bender with previous owner.

x9E3zk1.jpg

Went with some blacked out lights... chrome and halos weren't really doing it for me, anymore.

6MlBf85.jpg

Amazingly, I was able to find another set of Volk LE28N!! The catch??? They were located in Auburn WA. About 30minutes from my actual home... *Facepalm* lucky for me, my co-worker was planning to fly back home and drive his truck down. So he grabbed them for me.

kXvp05o.jpg

Off to the shop.... I had the rest of the parts shipped there..

I6cK93N.jpg

I spent a lot of evenings at the shop helping them figure out how to get the JDM parts to work together.... You'd think a body shop could figure it out. Even with some minor custom fitment it needed. I had to trim the tabs on the honeycomb grill for them. And I had to do the cutting to make the 2.0gt lip fit the spec b bumper.. they just couldn't figure out how to make them work.. smh

ZJPf6lF.jpg

But if I'm paying for paint, why would I pay for a stock color?? I had built a Coquette, in GTA, with a cool white paint that shines blue. Had told myself that I would love to paint my car that same color. So I had them give it a go.. Here's a sample piece, they painted, so I could decide how much blue pearl I wanted.

7wpijmi.jpg

Archived