LegacyGT.com

Door jamb switch plastic clip

Plastic clip broke on my door jamb switch on the driver's side. Has anyone come up with creative ideas to reattach it? All the switches I find for sale are missing the clip and frankly I'm far too cheap to buy a new one when the current switch works fine.

Buy a new one. Can't remember the cost, but i replaced mine cause it wasn't working when i bought my ouback and i don't think it was over $15. Could pull the sheet with part number and cost if you'd like.

Edit: Lol, somehow missed in the first post when this was stated as not an option. Could just caulk it in place. Or design and 3d print a new clip and glue it to the back. Still think it might be "cheaper" not to waste the time and to get a new one... :)

Sent from my XT1028

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

I think he's looking for 83331AG02A, shown in the links below.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2005_Legacy25L-TURBO-5MT-4WD25GT-LIMITEDOUTBACKXT-WAGON/_52016_6030071/SWITCH-INSTRUMENTPANEL-CONSOLE--DOOR-05MY-06MY/B13-830-02.html

Some pictures I took of my switch a few years ago

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/door-switch-issue-199700.html?t=199700

Not really sure on this one, maybe some type of adhesive caulk as mentioned earlier.

Yeah, looks like $16-$19 online for the switch only +s&h (...3A, $23.30 full oem price), and double the price for the switch and pigtail (...2A, what they probably quoted you, $40.10 full oem price).

Reminds me of how i always need to get the part number before asking the dealership for something, to make sure they're getting me the right part. At least to double check.

Sprank is having a 15-20% off sale ending this week. Maybe you can get 20% off of the oem price, but of course shipping comes back for the kill.

But... I did replace mine, and if it was the electronics that was broken vs. the clip, could ship you my old one and you can attempt to tear yours apart and replace with my clip/shell. I'll dig it out. Was my first subaru repair.

Sent from my XT1028

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

My experience is to just replace these kinds of things. I know you said it wasn't what you wanted to do but my experience has been I spend more time and money trying to fix something only to have the fix fail.

Case in point was the rear cup holder. The clip broke on mine and I tried to Superglue it. I didn't hold out much hope it would work and, when I attempted to reassemble, the repair failed. Ended up buying a new cup holder assembly.

On another note Superglue isn't so super. The only thing it appears to be effective at is gluing fingers together.

Archived