LegacyGT.com

IOS in the car Plus.. An idea I'm messing with.

ajiuo

Got it mounted, ruff cut out, and vents modified (pain in the ass). A lot of fileing, sanding, smoothing, and finishing to do

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3684/12649014113_25caa9c01b_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3666/12648885295_ce201be7b6_b.jpg

Dedication. I've held off on installing my mini due to all that trimming and modding that's needed. What I've been waiting for is either some luck or some extra cash to find and purchase a JDM navigation vessel. There are two that were used over there and there is one in particular that is almost the exact dimensions of the mini. The vents are narrower than ours as well as not having the clock cut out, so according to my calculations very little to no trimming is needed.

I installed a factory navigation a while back.. So I still had my old clock bezel... I figured "what the hell" and decided to give this a whack.

Right now I'm gust using a bluetooth aux adapter... If I can get this looking good I will use a pac setup... They have something that hooks in to the factory sat port... I can still use factory sat and have ios controls... Plus I can add he radio, bluetooth and another aux.. You just keep hitting the sat button to cycle through the options.

The ipad is also jail broken so I can customize it & add an nes/SNES emulator... I also have it set up so I can AirPlay from my phone to the ipad

I really like the ui on igo navigation... I think ill use that... It's a lte ipad... So I have access to iTunes Match, radio... It's pretty cool

I'm also thinking about getting an obd2 wifi adapter... Pretty cool... I haven't looked in to a rear camera yet... I'll look in to that..

I can use activator so that when the car is turned on... The ipad detects power... It enables wifi, cell data, bluetooth, unlocks ipad, and turns auto lock off... When power is disconnected it does the opposite...

I can also use activator to assign what earbuds do... I might take apart a set of them to make a custom home, map, music buttons.

As far as the obd2 definitely use app cake and try dashcommand, DONT BUY IT tho, what a fu****g pain in the ass it is. I originally used app cake to test, then was paranoid that I couldn't get it to work because I hadn't purchased it, so threw down the $50 and it was worse. Support for it sucks, takes them days or weeks to get back to you with revisions. Anyway don't buy dashcomand. It's awesome when it works and so far it's only worked a total of 5 minutes in the 6 months I've had it.

Archived