LegacyGT.com

Hardwiring phone dock

Blumpkin

I am having some issues, I am having a hard time with this. I have successfully ran the cord through the a pillar down into the fuse box, I have chosen to use the "cigar" fuse and a fuse tap. I have been unable to get power to run through the cord. I am using the motorola data cable. There are 4 wires in the cord, white, red, green and white. The green and white from what I have been able to find, are the data wires so I have gotten them out of the way. no matter what I have done, I am unable to get the cord to receive power.

Any ideas?

what was the question again? it's pretty simple here, wire connected to a working source should power up your dock. assuming your dock is designed to take 12VDC, and not ac. you can ground the dock with any solid ground point.

I did and it is still not pulling power. I know that the fuse is still working. I stripped the micro usb cord, put the green and white cords to the side, crimped the red in the add-a-circuit and grounded the black to a bolt connected to the frame, it still wasnt pulling any power. Makes no damn sense to me.

stop!!

sounds like you are using a usb type cable, first that cable is meant for 5v not 12v so you can damage your phone

i would just buy a cheap cig usb adapter, open it and use the power and ground from there to tap... make sure you have a good ground connection

those crimps you are using can suck, try soldering the crimp and wire if you can. you have very small gauge wires and crimps do fail. that was the problem when someone tried using crimps for the sunroof mod they complained that the mod wasnt working

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Archived