LegacyGT.com

SpecB 6MT Short Shift Kit

RJS5689

I know Kartboy makes a short shift kit for the SpecB 6mt. I was told it was discontinued, but I still see them on the Kartboy website. I'm thinking of buying it. Before I do so I figured I'd check in to see what other kits are made for the SpecB 6mt. I guess I'm looking for some reviews on both the Kartboy kit and any other kits. I don't even know who else still makes them, does anybody?

Had my Kartboy for 3 years and love it. Haven't heard a single bad review from the Kartboy.

Have read of lots of members being unhappy with Cobb/Mode.

I've used nothing other than the Kartboy so can't give any first hand experiences with other STS.

I have the Mode. Love it. Tried the SPT. Hated it.

Saved me the trouble ! Thanks ! ( Hey ! Looks like soon you and I will have our CF spoilers !......what an experience for me man.....I'm not used to the group-buy dynamics ! People saying they want it , then disappearing , etc . ).

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Anyone have the SPT one ? Was at the dealer Saturday and noticed they have one for spec B in the parts department.

ive got the spt one. It feels like its stock OEM, but then i drove a B with the OEM shifter and was like "whoa, OEM sucks". SPT's throws are short, but not super short. have not tried a cobb or Kartboy so I cant tell you how it compares.

• 1 month later...

I also enjoy the cobb STS have to have the bushings though made a world of difference. Only complaint I have is the noise. . .a lot more noise from the gear box and it rattles in 2nd. Researched on the site and seemed to be fairly normal?

Anyone else have this issue?

I had a rattle in the beginning. Check the reverse lock out cable that goes up into the shifter, it might be vibrating in your shifter at certain rpm's. I had to raise the height of the shifter to fix it. Zero vibrations now, very little noise from gearbox.

The only thing i hear is the whine coming through my pitch stop especially after installing the shifter bushings (pivot and rear).

• 1 month later...

I just had a Kartboy STS put in, the job itself wasn't that hard and fishing the cable is probably the easiest part of the mod. I also had the rear and front bushing installed as well. Over all I realy like the feel and it feels much different than stock, while keeping stock height. I also get the noise including the knocking in second and lower RPMS. I had checked out the lockout out cable and it was touching the inside of the shifter so I took it out, lubed it and put it back in trying to position it in the middle which I was successful in doing. After driving the car yesterday, it seems that noise is still there.

I have also ripped my rubber boot, so that’s why I might be getting a little more noise, any way of fixing the boot?

Archived