LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Dad of many kids chiming in.

I went from LGT 5EAT wagon (crashed), to a Ford Flex EcoBoost which is absolutely fantastic car for sooooo many reasons. But not an enthusiast's car.

But then! I found out right before school year I don't have to drive morning carpool for at least another year and a half

Planning on E90 M3 sedan, auto (heavy Miami traffic) ... probably without EDC

I went from LGT 5EAT wagon (crashed), to a Ford Flex EcoBoost which is absolutely fantastic car for sooooo many reasons. But not an enthusiast's car.

But then! I found out right before school year I don't have to drive morning carpool for at least another year and a half

Great choice (with a warranty). Love those cars.

the v8s sound fantastic

I work from home. Bring on the low MPG!!

Not to mention my LGT doesn't get the best fuel economy now with the rebuild, mods and protune. What's losing 3 more miles per gallon ?

Only 3mpg less in your GT!? I hope your only doing around town driving. The only time my fuel economy in my Cobb OTS stage 1 GT has dropped that low was when I am towing my boat. My lifetime average is 24.3mpg on Fuelly for my GT. (I probably drive 75% - 25% high/city)

Only 3mpg less in your GT!? I hope your only doing around town driving. The only time my fuel economy in my Cobb OTS stage 1 GT has dropped that low was when I am towing my boat. My lifetime average is 24.3mpg on Fuelly for my GT. (I probably drive 75% - 25% high/city)

You've got a '12, so it's different.

My '05 always got around 18 city, 24-25 hwy STOCK. Now that I'm stage 3, I get 12-15 city (but I romp on it every chance I get), and 18-22 hwy, unless I'm REALLY slow @50-55 (pretty impossible here in NorCal with speed limits of 65 and actual speeds 75-80). Only do maybe 7.5K/year, so it's not a huge issue.. If I went E85, I'd probably be in single digits for city driving :lol:

• I Donated
My '05 always got around 18 city, 24-25 hwy STOCK. Now that I'm stage 3, I get 12-15 city (but I romp on it every chance I get), and 18-22 hwy, unless I'm REALLY slow @50-55 (pretty impossible here in NorCal with speed limits of 65 and actual speeds 75-80). Only do maybe 7.5K/year, so it's not a huge issue.. If I went E85, I'd probably be in single digits for city driving :lol:

Sounds like your tune is super rich or otherwise sucks. I get better mileage than that in my SS with its big V8. :lol:

Im lucky to see 180 miles out of a tank of 93. Granted big turbo and built motor will do that...I will be single digits on E85 for sure - didnt buy this car for the gas mileage thats for sure

Sorry. I'm from Canada and we generally calculate liters per 100km. So I get around 10L/100km booting around which converts to 23 mpg .

Sorry about that.

I would still live with the crap mpg of the SRT8 GC lol

Used srt Dodge Magnum would be pretty fun to rod around. Probably could be found for under 15grand too.

Just don't buy a 05-06. The Hemi's drop the valve guides if I recall. A guy at work has a 05 Charger that is just sitting because it now needs a rebuild or new engine.

In 07 they fixed the issue.

• 1 month later...
Sat in a Genesis G70 at the car show. It's pretty similar interior wise to my Stinger, but with a few nuances different. The back seat legroom is substantially less than the Stinger. I'm happy with my choice.

I sat in 1 at the auto show as well...beautiful car, but not for me.

I really like the new optima i saw, that grey color :)

Chevy 2500hd 4x4 duramax/Allison combo has been on the radar. Driven one and liked it. Ford has a nicer interior imop for year I'm looking at 08-12. Don't want a payment plan. Want to buy outright. Going to be doing heavy payload with scrap wood and metal.

• I Donated
Sat in a Genesis G70 at the car show. It's pretty similar interior wise to my Stinger, but with a few nuances different. The back seat legroom is substantially less than the Stinger. I'm happy with my choice.

All the SS Facebook groups have been dealing with an influx of Kia Stinger trolls recently. It has become somewhat of a running joke... "Why are you talking about the SS? This is a Kia Stinger group!" :lol:

All the SS Facebook groups have been dealing with an influx of Kia Stinger trolls recently. It has become somewhat of a running joke... "Why are you talking about the SS? This is a Kia Stinger group!" :lol:

Speaking of the SS, I saw one over the weekend and it threw me for a second with it's Holden badges.

Grass always seems greener on the other side.

Until they realize it taste more or less the same.

Hence one of the trends in Japan and throughout Australasia and wider Oceania to install USDM accents, parts, etc and the exact opposite in North America and Europe.

Even retailers and marketers throughout the industry spectrum taylor advertizing of parts to a given region. What sells as Euro-spec or JDM in one region (because it has some appeal as such) is sold as US-spec or American in another.

Brand rebadges within a product family or model to model are the tip of the iceberg.

Toyota to Lexus and vice-versa

Infiniti to Nissan and vice-versa

Honda to Acura and vice-versa

VWG round robin (VWs as Audis, Seat as VWs, VWs as Skodas)

GMG round robin (Chevy, Vauxhall, Opel, Buick, etc.)

Kia/Hyundai/Daewoo mix and match

and the very common badge model upgrades

or sleeper attempt downgrades across all makes/models

Edited by Perscitus

The way things are going here, Holden (local GM arm) are struggling to sell the new Commodore (you Yanks know it as the Buick Regal). Its not a bad car, but the previous Commodore it follows you would have seen as the Chevy SS - sold a heap here.

The V6 version is OK, but not really that fast (considering the last SS had an LS3 fitted and was RWD and available in both sedan and wagon) despite being AWD and a very tidy handler. The Opel made Buick/Holden newbie needs twin turbos to really appeal, but everyone is staying away from the NA 6.

And the 2 litre turbo is FWD only.

VW Passat and Skoda Superb have it shot to bits already.