LegacyGT.com

Tariff threat hangs over Subaru's bullish plan

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180716/RETAIL01/180719855/subaru-midterm-plan-tariff?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+autonews%2FEditorsPicks+%28Automotive+News+Editors+Pick+Feed%29&ito=792&itq=dc388434-c8c3-4732-91b0-5ac9c78f0882&itx%5Bidio%5D=&itx[idio]=5916857

You might think that it wouldn't affect the Legacy , but it could def affect the amount of incentives given on all models , as they strive to maintain profitability .

George

Interesting:

"The quality of our company has failed to keep pace with our quantitative growth," Nakamura [the new President of Subaru] said. "So we will focus on improving the quality — so that qualitative growth will outpace quantitative growth. That's how I see growth as a brand."

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Interesting: Quote:

"The quality of our company has failed to keep pace with our quantitative growth," Nakamura [the new President of Subaru] said. "So we will focus on improving the quality — so that qualitative growth will outpace quantitative growth. That's how I see growth as a brand."

Subaru also will work to shore up profitability, especially in the U.S. market.

It's nice to see the focus on quality - most of us are aware of the average performance in this regard. It's a bit of a competing goal with profitability however, and holding those two in balance will be a challenge.

However, If Subaru establishes its brand quality as on par with Toyota or Honda, people will be willing to pay up and more owners will be likely to be repeat customers.

Ya, I agree, it's kind of hard to quantify a general statement, "Toyota is more reliable than _____", or "Subaru is more reliable than ___________". One model may be worse or better than a comparable model in different brands.

Subaru's record is very good -- repeat customers, cars on the road after 10 years, etc.

I suppose what came to mind for me are things like the wheel bearings, the head gasket failures (of the past hopefully), some fit and paint issues, my own front crank bearing failure, and so on. Honda, in particular has had its problems with oil consumption, transmissions, etc. My past Camry was trouble free, but that's not everyone's experience.

Anyway, focus on quality can never be a bad thing!

Camry's stellar reputation for quality has made it a top selling sedan for ages. It must be the quality because it can't be its styling.

Yeah, Camry's are almost a sure bet since the fixed their engine sludge issues of the early 2000s. Toyota's direct injection/port injection combination will avoid a lot of the carbon buildup issues that other DI systems have as well.

Archived