LegacyGT.com

Curing The BC Coilover Rattle

traildogck

For anyone running BC Coilovers, or anyone considering them. Here is my experience. I have had a set of BC BRs for almost 4 years now. There is maybe only 25K miles on them. I have fitted them to 2 separate cars. Both Gen4. (2005 & 2006) The BCs have always rattled on stutter bumps, some road seams ... things like that. BC replaced my top bearing mount once for me for free. I think just to shut me up. I have even gone so far as to YouTube some sh*t to try and convince them.

The new bearing perches they sent had the same crappy $8 KOYO bearing. Single row, not even sealed. Well, I replaced that with a $12 SKF single row, sealed. Pictured here next to the shiz-nit. A double row bearing with 4x times the working load.

TgF0uj5.jpg

I installed this double row in the BC. Please disregard the ugly urethane isolator I made. I was trying to solve this problem early on and the spring was moving in the the seat, so I fixed that also.

QZp45aU.jpg

I have to say I am more than 100% pleased. the front end is now rock solid. It cost me $75 a bearing, but it's worth it. My test drive assured me that I can still love this car in the city. Even tho Denver barely has streets.

It's been a year since I had them apart and I needed some serious cheater pipes, I had to build a rig to bust it all loose.

JQI4nEc.jpg

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Do you have a link to the skf part?

Also I found the plate bolts loosen up over time. I added an oil paint stripe to each bolt and wrote the torque number on the plate. I checked them once a week or so. A lot of the clacking noise went away to. Only have 30k on mine so not quite at your wear.

Do you have a link to the skf part?

Also I found the plate bolts loosen up over time. I added an oil paint stripe to each bolt and wrote the torque number on the plate. I checked them once a week or so. A lot of the clacking noise went away to. Only have 30k on mine so not quite at your wear.

The single row SKF or the double row, which is $98 vs the RMC I bought for $75. The single row is the SKF direct (vs the KOYO), but the SKF dealer here locally did not have a stocking double row SKF. I got this RMC (pictured) since they stocked it.

Let me dig up the box... you can go from there with any bearin that matches the ID and the OD.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

Archived