LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Very off topic but worth it! Some history here....cool to see where we all came from.

40 yrs young here. I bought the LGT for a driver and dig the remote start. Truck takes forever to get warm, sips a little more fuel but does have aftermarket bluetooth. [emoji848]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

Hello Guys!! i recently get a Spec.B... a 2006 #417

And im looking for idea and Advice....

and i also would like to know if the 2006 came with the Vf52?

Spec b and lgt have the same engine bits. So vf-40. I think the vf-46 switch over happened in 08?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 Jeep Cherokee > 1976 Plymouth Roadrunner > 1986 BMW 524td > 2002 WRX (only car ever bought new, and still have it) > 2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe > 2004 Outback H6 > 2008 OBXT > 2009 Jaguar XF

Still have the WRX, OBXT, G37 and XF. All modded and in need of something fixed. 44 years old.

Edited by lil'redwagon

I’m in. Try to beat this. You might have to wiki it. Hyundai Stellar 1985 stick, lol. Two mazda 323’s 88-89, great little car modded one to look like the gtx no power upgrades though, 2001 Mustang Bullitt #1389, stolen, 92 mercury tracer, 98 mazda protegé, 02 Legacy, 01 Suzuki gran vitara, 02 toyota echo stick, 2015 edge sport, 08 spec.B.

Ok I admit while writing this you can see your friggin life timeline. Lmaof. School...girlfriend....wife...kids...ex-wife....career...(more to come) lol!

Wow my life just flashed before my eyes lol. 42y/o

I’m in. Try to beat this. You might have to wiki it. Hyundai Stellar 1985 stick, lol. Two mazda 323’s 88-89, great little car modded one to look like the gtx no power upgrades though, 2001 Mustang Bullitt #1389, stolen, 92 mercury tracer, 98 mazda protegé, 02 Legacy, 01 Suzuki gran vitara, 02 toyota echo stick, 2015 edge sport, 08 spec.B.

Ok I admit while writing this you can see your friggin life timeline. Lmaof. School...girlfriend....wife...kids...ex-wife....career...(more to come) lol!

Wow my life just flashed before my eyes lol. 42y/o

Yes, agree about seeing your life...

Those 323GTX were nice. The Bullitt must have been a fun car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ok, I'm going to try...

1992 Plymouth Acclaim -> 1985 Mercury Capri (swapped 302) -> 1996 Dodge Intrepid -> 2001 Silverado -> 2001 Grand Prix -> 1999 Acura Integra -> 1999 Outback -> 2003 MDX -> 2012 Mazda 5 -> 2001 Impreza 2.5RSt -> 2005 LGT Wagon (current)

Along with four different honda odysseys (still have one)

I thought about adding when the four kids showed up in the timeline, but it's messy enough...

Will be 43 on Monday

1978 Datsun B210> 1984 Datsun Pulsar NX> 1992 Nissan Sentra (12 second FWD and my first car to hit 140+db)> 1987.5 Toyota 22RE Truck (hit a note)> 2001 Nissan Frontier S/C (SEMA truck)> 2002 Nissan SER SpecV (Project car with Nissan corp and Rockford Fosgate)> 2002 WRX (it started it all and dad still has it)> 2005 Legacy GT 5EAT (when I fell in love with LGT's)> 2005 Legacy GT Limited 5EAT> 2008 Legacy GT Limited 5EAT (highly modified and it hit a note)> 2008 Legacy GT SpecB (sad memories of an incredible car)> 2005 Legacy GT Limited 5MT Wagon> 2001 Nissan Frontier 2.4l (mini truck that rattled the roads with bass)> 1998 Forester X AT> 2003 Forester XS 5MT (probably the most modified XS evar and it hit 150db)> 2017 Acura TSX (modding Hondas, lol)> 2020 Acura RDX> 2019 Toyota 4Runner (current whip, just dropped two Sundown SA-12's in her and want to add two more).

I might have missed a few. It happens past 45yrs old. Plenty more in the stable that were dads or wifes, sisters, etc.

Only vehicle on the list I never modified was the 78 B210. I only had it for a short time. No I did not crash it. I was given it as a "gift", fixed it up and got it running really well and my dad realized he gave me a car of value. So he sold it while I was at school. The Pulsar survived until my senior year when I rolled it. Many of the vehicles went fast and made sonic booms from the bass.

Edited by m sprank

1999 Impreza 2.5RS (eventually EG33 swapped)/1985 BMW E28 then 1990 240SX (SR20 swapped, Silvia front end) > 2006 LGT Wagon 5MT (now 6MT) to replace the 2.5RS

29 years old.

Had the 2.5RS before I could drive (15) and it stuck around a long long time. Still miss the sound of the EG33. Miss the light RWD fun of the 240SX too.

2006 Legacy GT Wagon - Regamasters, Evo X Recaros, STI 6MT, Brembo 6-Pots (in progress)

@regashiii

Yes, agree about seeing your life...

Those 323GTX were nice. The Bullitt must have been a fun car.

Lol. Touché. I was never able to get a real GTX though. They were highly overpriced here and very few. AWD wasn’t “trendy” yet i geuss. But the ‘01 BULLITT was an amazing car! Completely different from the gt. Different production line, not necesarily all bolt ons like the 08-09’s. Would like to get another one though. However I have more fun year round with the subie and our three feet of snow. Lol

when all the vibrating parts reach harmony? Usually harmony is quickly followed by disharmony and "oh damn, will AAA tow me from here?"

LOL. It does involve vibrating parts. Bass notes. Vibrate your nose hairs and make you sneeze (itchy nose bass), cause you to cough and collapse your air way (karate chop to the throat bass), vibrate your eyeballs in your skull causing blurred vision (I gotta pull over bass). Shenanigans because you can.

Guess I get to show how young and not-really-a-car-guy I am :lol:

'95 Celica ST auto, hand-me-down from my brother. Totaled probably about a year after getting my license, after falling asleep at the wheel under 1mi from home and putting it into a fire hydrant :spin:

'02 Corolla S 5spd. Totaled once after the front end got clipped by a pickup that was obscured by a big tree after pulling out into the intersection. Fixed, totaled again a couple years later after being backed in to while out in the city, driven home, and sold to insurance eventually

'02 Kawasaki EX500 for a little while before the Corolla was backed into. Eventually sold for about what I paid for it about 4k miles and 3 years later. Great while out at school with all the nice roads in western MA, pretty much never ridden after I got out of school and started working.

'07 spec.B, daily through my last year at school until it started burning oil and stalling quite often (Hicksta-esque fiasco of the eventual repair detailed well enough in this thread and its previous iterations). With the new shortblock, now a dedicated weekend/fun/eventual project car that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

'07 Accord V6-6MT coupe came to the daily rescue 3 years back. Stay stock, stay happy :)

Edited by solidxsnake

LOL. It does involve vibrating parts. Bass notes. Vibrate your nose hairs and make you sneeze (itchy nose bass), cause you to cough and collapse your air way (karate chop to the throat bass), vibrate your eyeballs in your skull causing blurred vision (I gotta pull over bass). Shenanigans because you can.

^ Basshead talkin right there. Still going strong as far as I can tell :spin:

Which reminds me that I have yet to build the enclosure for my 18 LMS ultra. Can't wait to feel that thing!

I'll play. I haven't actually owned too many vehicles and none as nice as my lgt.

'81 F250 with 351C swap was my first vehicle. I did the swap with my dad when I was about 5 yrs old and the I got the truck when I got my license. It's my first real memory that's stuck.

'85 Honda CRX. I loved that car. I had to swap engines and head gaskets a couple of times.

'92 V6 Ford Ranger. Nothing special

'96 Honda Civic EX. This was my college commuter car. I ended up rebuilding the engine at 200k owned the car for a out 10 years.

'05 Outback Sport (wife's current daily that I lifted)

'05 LGT is my current daily.

On topic: I swapped my winter wheels/tires.

I'm only on my third car.. at 46 years old I've owned far fewer cars than most people here.

1. 98 Pathfinder, tranny syncro failed at 44,000km and the stealership messed up the fix and also wouldn't warranty their work, so I sold the car

2. 03 Toyota Celica - FWD, looks fast. 'nuff said

3. 05 LGT

Anyways I started getting a P0457 EVAP code.. what's my order of parts replacement gonna be?

- checking middle fuel line under the engine cover (no cracks, all hose rings are intact, nothing loose)

- gas cap (generic one from rock auto ok?)

- check valve on charcoal box under rear left rear well?

- smoke test?

78 Z28 Camaro, 87 BMW 325is, 87 Mitsu mighty max pickup custom low rider convertible truck , 91 BMW 318is, 88 CRX Si, 90 CRX Si, 91 CRX Si (all wit B16a swaps), 91 VW Corrado, 2002 WRX Wagon, 2007 Audi A8, 2015 WRX, 2005 LGT Wagon. That’s just the cars.

Bikes

2009 GXSR 750 and 2012 CBR600RR

Trucks

86 Toyota pickup, 98 Astro van, 2006 Murano, 03 Yukon XL, 05 Yukon XL Denali and an 11 Acadia

I have polaroid pics of some of the early ones. Haha

Edited by Wooosh

I'm only on my third car.. at 46 years old I've owned far fewer cars than most people here.

1. 98 Pathfinder, tranny syncro failed at 44,000km and the stealership messed up the fix and also wouldn't warranty their work, so I sold the car

2. 03 Toyota Celica - FWD, looks fast. 'nuff said

3. 05 LGT

Anyways I started getting a P0457 EVAP code.. what's my order of parts replacement gonna be?

- checking middle fuel line under the engine cover (no cracks, all hose rings are intact, nothing loose)

- gas cap (generic one from rock auto ok?)

- check valve on charcoal box under rear left rear well?

- smoke test?

Clean the gas cap sealing surface and reset the ECU, drive the car. Make sure you tighten the cap for 5 clicks. Next step, would be the gas cap...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^ Basshead talkin right there. Still going strong as far as I can tell :spin:

Which reminds me that I have yet to build the enclosure for my 18 LMS ultra. Can't wait to feel that thing!

Already started on the 4Runner. Sundown SFB 1500d powering two Sundown SA-12 Classics installed. Already on box number two testing style and location. Have a stack of WinISD models an inch high on my desk, LOL.

Looking to go to four SA-12 Classics powered by dual SFB 1500d's as soon as I can. Thats what I have been modeling now, the 4 woofer enclosure. Cant decide if I want to destroy the gate with sub up/port back (load port off gate) or lose a few db (maybe -2db on the TL) and go sub up/port up like the Forester. Its a 2019 and I am torn about flex damage and the external noise from the rattling gate. I wont compete, but I want as much clean bass as possible for music.

Going to need to run a second 0ga wire to a second battery to feed both bass amps. The single 0ga installed now wont handle the current. Will need a 250a alt as well. Sometimes I go way overboard for a ground pounder, LOL.

On a side note, I finally upgraded my home woofers from the DT 2000TL built in 15's. Wife allowed me to add 4 HSU VTF3 MK5's to the home theater room. Now I have 6 15's with 3000watts in a 1800cuft concrete bunker. I have a design and the parts (minus lumber) for a mini riser to hold 4 12's and add tactile response to the couch too. I have measured down to 10hz and can hit north of 135db in movie soundtracks. I know I can get louder, but the house cant withstand the pressure.

BASS HEADS UNITE!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by m sprank

Drove down to Alexandria, VA this weekend to pick up a set of 17" x 7.5" Prodrive GC-010e's (made by Rays). I'm opting to use these for my street setup as they are lighter and will help a little with mileage, I'm going to be mounting Bridgestone QuietTracks on them. The wheels came with BF Goodrich g-Force rivals that I will mount on by now track-dedicated OEM BBS STi wheels. I think they should last at least 3 more track days, these are my first set of high performance summers.

GC-010e_picmonkeyed.thumb.jpg.7dab304416714097879c072aa138c964.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Already started on the 4Runner. Sundown SFB 1500d powering two Sundown SA-12 Classics installed. Already on box number two testing style and location. Have a stack of WinISD models an inch high on my desk, LOL.

Looking to go to four SA-12 Classics powered by dual SFB 1500d's as soon as I can. Thats what I have been modeling now, the 4 woofer enclosure. Cant decide if I want to destroy the gate with sub up/port back (load port off gate) or lose a few db (maybe -2db on the TL) and go sub up/port up like the Forester. Its a 2019 and I am torn about flex damage and the external noise from the rattling gate. I wont compete, but I want as much clean bass as possible for music.

Going to need to run a second 0ga wire to a second battery to feed both bass amps. The single 0ga installed now wont handle the current. Will need a 250a alt as well. Sometimes I go way overboard for a ground pounder, LOL.

On a side note, I finally upgraded my home woofers from the DT 2000TL built in 15's. Wife allowed me to add 4 HSU VTF3 MK5's to the home theater room. Now I have 6 15's with 3000watts in a 1800cuft concrete bunker. I have a design and the parts (minus lumber) for a mini riser to hold 4 12's and add tactile response to the couch too. I have measured down to 10hz and can hit north of 135db in movie soundtracks. I know I can get louder, but the house cant withstand the pressure.

BASS HEADS UNITE!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Audio guy here that loves bass but I think you've overdone it Infamous Lol.

Anyway, if you want your wife to divorce you, demo the launch scene in Apollo 13.

I have 2 M&K MX200 sub's and it scared the shit out of me!

Is your theatre room 1800 sqft? 10db is nuts!!

Maybe a day late in the car history but here we go:

1991 Plymouth Acclaim

1998 Dodge Neon - eventually installed a Hahn Stage 2 kit with S20G and 3" v-band down pipe

2003 Dodge Dakota

2008 Saturn Astra

2007 Subaru LGT 5eat wagon

2005 Subaru LGT 5MT wagon

The Neon and Dakota had overlap from 2004 to 2018 when I sold the Dakota, with the Astra in there from 2008 to 2013 (my insurance company loved me). Bought the 2007 LGT in 2018, sold the Neon in 2019 and bought the 2005 LGT early this year.