LegacyGT.com

2010-2012 Gauge Clusters From Different World Markets

So I've been doing some research lately on all the different possible combinations of gauge clusters in 5th gens across the world (for reasons I'll disclose at a later date), and I wanted to share what I've found so far. This is only pertaining to pre-facelift models (2010-2012 USDM/2009-2011 JDM). There is quite a big variety throughout the world, more than I was expecting. As far as I could tell in my research, the AuDM and RDM clusters (Australia and Russia) all fall into the JDM or PhDM categories, but anyone from those areas, feel free to correct me. I included the 2013 USDM ones at the end for comparison's sake.

*NOTE* This research is concerned primarily with the tach/speedo differences from market to market, and does not take into account EyeSight, trim levels, or warning light differences.

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market

USDM = US Domestic Market

PhDM = Philippines/Other Asian Domestic Market

CnDM = Canadian Domestic Market

JDM 2010 2.5i: 8k tach, 6.4k redline, 500 rpm ticks. 180 km/h speedo, 10 km/h ticks.

JDM 2010 2.5GT: 8k tach, 6.5k redline, 500 rpm ticks. 180 km/h speedo, 10 km/h ticks.

JDM 2010 2.5GT tS: 9k tach, 6.5k redline, 100 rpm ticks. 260 km/h speedo, 2 km/h ticks.

PhDM 2010 2.5GT: 8k tach, 6.5 redline, 500 rpm ticks. 260 km/h speedo, 10 km/h ticks.

USDM 2010 2.5i: 8k tach, 6.4k redline, 500 rpm ticks. 150 MPH/240 km/h speedo, 5 MPH/10 km/h ticks.

USDM 2010 3.6R/2.5GT: 8k tach, 6.5k redline, 500 rpm ticks. 160 MPH/260 km/h speedo, 5 MPH/10 km/h ticks.

CnDM 2010 2.5i: 8k tach, 6.4k redline, 500 rpm ticks. 240 km/h/150 MPH speedo, 10 km/h/5 MPH ticks.

CnDM 2010 3.6R/2.5GT: 8k tach, 6.5k redline, 500 rpm ticks. 260 km/h/160 MPH speedo, 10 km/h/5 MPH ticks.

USDM 2013 2.5i: 8k tach, 6k redline, 200 rpm ticks, 100 rpm ticks after redline. 150 mph/240 km/h speedo, 5 MPH, 10 km/h ticks.

USDM 2013 3.6R: 8k tach, 6.5k redline, 200 rpm ticks, 100 rpm ticks after redline. 160 MPH/260 km/h speedo, 5 MPH/10 km/h ticks.

http://i.imgur.com/OC8e5Uz.png

http://i.imgur.com/SX7xmG2.jpg

I was surprised to find that the JDM standard turbo's only went up to 180 km/h, the equivalent of 112 MPH. The tS definitely got the most unique set of gauges, with the pointless visual increase to 9k limit despite retaining the 6.5k redline, and all 4 gauges in the cluster being re-worked with more increments, as well as the nice "STi" logo in the speedo.

A short foray into warning lights: the JDM models have a number more warning lights than the USDM models, most likely from features that didn't make it to the states. Some of the symbols are different too, like their check engine light is the classic engine shape symbol, while USDM says "CHECK ENGINE" in words. Same location though.

Another odd difference for USDM is the TPMS light location on USDM models: 2010-2011 has it directly under the center of the tach near the bottom, while the 2012 has it oddly to the left of the left turn signal light, above the tach (Figured this out by comparing Unsp0ken's 2011 GT and Timothy.B's 2011 3.6R to my 2012 3.6R).

http://i.imgur.com/pMJkeuO.png

http://i.imgur.com/IwIoCae.jpg

I love the fact that all USDM cars have a line/separator under the milage FOR NOTHING! Really SOA everyone but North America gets Si drive?!?! This leads me to believe there has to be an easier way for us to get Si drive then what BB is doing, unless the transaxle's are completely different in JDM/etc cars.... Yes I know there's a lot more to Si drive then I make it sound in my previous statement, it just boggles my mind as to why SOA dumped it, besides the whole stupid EPA mandatory MPG crap.

I love the fact that all USDM cars have a line/separator under the milage FOR NOTHING! Really SOA everyone but North America gets Si drive?!?! This leads me to believe there has to be an easier way for us to get Si drive then what BB is doing, unless the transaxle's are completely different in JDM/etc cars.... Yes I know there's a lot more to Si drive then I make it sound in my previous statement, it just boggles my mind as to why SOA dumped it, besides the whole stupid EPA mandatory MPG crap.

The conversion to an STI 6mt has nothing to do with SI drive and will not add it. SI drive is more of a selectable tuning mode, it is easy enough to do with throttle controller that are readily available. The DCCD BBpeik is adding is just rear torque bias. SI drive never had any control over that, even previous Legacy SpecB models with SI drive didn't have a DCCD.

Archived