LegacyGT.com

Any information about a 2005 Subaru Legacy?

chand

Hey everyone. I'm in the market for my first car in Vancouver. There is a dealer selling a 2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5i (Sedan, non-turbo). It's currently sitting at 74000 km, and available for purchase at CA$9000.

I was wondering what your guys' inputs would be about this very old girl?

It has two previous owners. The service records show some really good maintenance done. I was also told that the previous owner was a mechanic and he took care of the car.

Besides that, I took the car for a test drive and all seems good.

However, any additional information about future maintenance for a 2005 car in 2020 would be appreciated! :)

Edited by chand

things to check for are if the head gaskets have been changed or fixed. if the head gaskets are good then I would buy it. My 08 is still running around with 180k miles. these are very good cars and they just need to be taken care of. I miss my 2.5i. great travel and road car.

Easy to find parts new and will not eat your pockets. Drive it and let us know more about the records on it. what do they say?

Thanks NORULZleggy. I test drove it and it felt good. Steering was tighter than I'm used to on cars, but I have never driven a legacy. No lack of power, sport mode worked amazingly well. Exhaust smoke was clean.

The service records only showed three services, all around the 20000km mark.

There were to collisions, both on the front right side. One for CAD$5000 and one for $2000.