LegacyGT.com

HPS vs JDM vs Takeda Intake

Next step for me is to upgrade my intake system- I’ve seen a few JDM options as well as the HPS short ram or Takeda cold air.. any suggestions on which is best for over performance/sound?
I have the AFE Power (Takada) and I love it you still keep that factory look and protection from the water. I did notice a slightly higher MPG on Long Road trips as well..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

----------

SYMS Racing Flow Suction Box (for FB25)

MSRP ¥79,500 (roughly ~$706 USD)

SYMS part # Y2000EG009

http://syms.jp/car_category/intake_legacy_bnbs/

gAnPGqX.jpg

gzVzFeg.jpg

This will fit all 6th gen Legacy/Outback 2.5i, and will fit 2013-2014 Legacy/Outback 2.5i as well. Check the SYMS website for other products as well.

----------

Kakimoto Racing Air Intake Chamber

MSRP ¥ 75,000 (Roughly ~$666 USD)

Kakimoto part # BIC 350

http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/bic350.html

RcuIXgt.jpg

9q4JrkD.jpg

Same fitment as above, but Kakimoto also makes a similar intake chamber for just about every single NA Subaru model/engine. Full list here: http://www.kakimotoracing.co.jp/products/intake_list.html

----------

Both of these serve the same function, and the Kakimoto is just about as expensive as the SYMS.

Thank you both for the input on the Takeda.. that is the direction I am leaning at this point. I am wondering if anyone else has tried or heard any feed back on the Kakimoto or SYMS compared to Takeda and if they're worth the hassle to procure haha. they look ******* sick.

Thank you both for the input on the Takeda.. that is the direction I am leaning at this point. I am wondering if anyone else has tried or heard any feed back on the Kakimoto or SYMS compared to Takeda and if they're worth the hassle to procure haha. they look ******* sick.

Just go with takeda,it’s really not worth spending all that money on the other 2 unless you don’t care on how much you spend:)

I have the hps short ram I like how it looks (went with blue) and the sound. Only issue is heat shield only mounts to 1 point so it can move a little I used a 4” angle bracket to a screw point on the chassis to fix. If u go with that check my car thread for pics.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

The ones from Japan are only for 2.5 models since no 3.6r were released their and as for the SYMS it's that expensive because of the Carbon Fiber.. SYMS is a Great Product though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk