LegacyGT.com

Ken's 2016 Legacy 2.5i Premium Mods

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put in the blue chrome inserts today. Behind the door handles and door jams. Then went ahead cut some MDF I ran out of black carpet a while ago ended up using some random material and I think it pops better then if I had the black.

pcZy8A9.jpg

96LfKbz.jpg

21uOEVV.jpg

My high pressure radiator cap came in today

TElhoQW.jpg

Make sure to watch your Radiator Hoses I put a 1.3 on with my Samco Hoses and kept blowing off my Upper Hose.. I'm going to order a 1.1 and see what happens..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip I will and if they move I might try zip ties if anything first. I had a 1.3 on my Maxima with out issue. Did you have the issue with the stock hose or the cool colored ones u have.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Edited by KJS2023

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, where did you route the power wire through the firewall? I've done hours of research, looking in the engine bay and cant find a place to route it. Did you slip it through a grommet or have to drill? Any photos would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss and don't want to take it to a shop for something so seemingly simple

I feel ya on the research there is just some info that isn't showing in the forum search or anywhere else for that matter or at least not labeled as it should. In the pic below under the strut bar there is a grommet circled in green. I used a special tool to poke a hole from under the dash through it. This way there is less of a chance of scuffing a wire. Once the tool was in and through I used it as leverage to cut with a blade to widen the hole I made. You will find the grommet up above the accelerator If you have issues finding it from the inside let me know I can take a pic of the area when I get out of work tomorrow.

Tool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WZCL8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

l4nvP7q.jpg

Hey, where did you route the power wire through the firewall? I've done hours of research, looking in the engine bay and cant find a place to route it. Did you slip it through a grommet or have to drill? Any photos would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss and don't want to take it to a shop for something so seemingly simple

You can cut a slit on the rubber grommet where Main wire harness goes through the firewall but BE CAREFUL not to cut any wires..

Now if you don’t want that route,you can run the cable from battery to behind the fender(driver side)will need to remove the fender well plastic cover, when you look begin the fender just right where fender and door meets you will see a hole going inside the car just above the kick panel.i will be installing my rally armor mud flaps tom I’ll make a small video so I can see..

You can cut a slit on the rubber grommet where Main wire harness goes through the firewall but BE CAREFUL not to cut any wires..

Now if you don’t want that route,you can run the cable from battery to behind the fender(driver side)will need to remove the fender well plastic cover, when you look begin the fender just right where fender and door meets you will see a hole going inside the car just above the kick panel.i will be installing my rally armor mud flaps tom I’ll make a small video so I can see..

I think this would be a good route for me to go for sure, a video would be greatly appreciated for this. I did see someone with a WRX subwoofer install route it this way but didn't explain where it is exactly routed. I appreciate the help!

I feel ya on the research there is just some info that isn't showing in the forum search or anywhere else for that matter or at least not labeled as it should. In the pic below under the strut bar there is a grommet circled in green. I used a special tool to poke a hole from under the dash through it. This way there is less of a chance of scuffing a wire. Once the tool was in and through I used it as leverage to cut with a blade to widen the hole I made. You will find the grommet up above the accelerator If you have issues finding it from the inside let me know I can take a pic of the area when I get out of work tomorrow.

Tool:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WZCL8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is super helpful! I appreciate it, I will check out that spot above the accelerator. I have seen the grommet you mentioned from the engine bay but it looked wicked tight to fit anything in there so I was hesitant and I was unsure what was inside that grommet.

A boat load of small wires are in it which you will see for yourself when looking from under the dash when I pushed through from under I pushed left and up as it seemed to have a little more room away from those wires. Just get a finger up there and feel around you will know what I mean.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

This is super helpful! I appreciate it, I will check out that spot above the accelerator. I have seen the grommet you mentioned from the engine bay but it looked wicked tight to fit anything in there so I was hesitant and I was unsure what was inside that grommet.

I was able to run 1/0 gauge wire through it so you shouldn’t have issue running your wire through it just be careful of doing it.

Thanks for the tip I will and if they move I might try zip ties if anything first. I had a 1.3 on my Maxima with out issue. Did you have the issue with the stock hose or the cool colored ones u have.

—————————————————

More to come...

It was my stock hose and still had the pinch clamp on it.. Just be careful if you try zip tie it on it might be too much pressure on the radiator since the radiator tanks are plastic.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Did it pop off racing or daily driving? Your starting to make me worry and consider going back to stock.... Last thing I want is it to pop off on my hour drive to work ruining my engine in the process.

—————————————————

More to come...

Finally finished my big3 thanks Pats4Life for the advice on the alternator run. I ended up using 0awg wire with a 100amp fuse. Noticed better idle and a cleaner audio experience. A inexpensive solution that’s very worth while. My grounds I already ran a month or so ago 0awg as well 2 from diff points on the engine to chassis and 1 from neg on battery to chassis. I know I didn’t need the extra engine ground but I had the wire so why not.

—————————————————

More to come...

Did it pop off racing or daily driving? Your starting to make me worry and consider going back to stock.... Last thing I want is it to pop off on my hour drive to work ruining my engine in the process.

—————————————————

More to come...

Once while I was driving and the other time it did it I started my car and watched it while the car warmed up and watched it slide off.

• 3 weeks later...

ok so I'm running outa stuff to do to the car at this point..... Just got a chrome cover in the mail today for the side mirror control. Side note re-tuned the system for more power which in turn showed up some alternator noise. Ensured I sanded the chassis where the cap is grounded..... added ground loop isolators to both rca runs from the LOC. Helped a bit but still there. I wish my original power noise filter that i installed didnt break on me cuz that thing did work. dont buy axxees brand its really cheaply made. When I took it apart only 1 strand of the power wire was soldered in place. I know I could of fixed it myself but with that issue who knows what others it may have. Tryen to find a good quality one online. Wish RadioShack was still around.

vKQzlR9.jpg

ok so I'm running outa stuff to do to the car at this point..... Just got a chrome cover in the mail today for the side mirror control. Side note re-tuned the system for more power which in turn showed up some alternator noise. Ensured I sanded the chassis where the cap is grounded..... added ground loop isolators to both rca runs from the LOC. Helped a bit but still there. I wish my original power noise filter that i installed didnt break on me cuz that thing did work. dont buy axxees brand its really cheaply made. When I took it apart only 1 strand of the power wire was soldered in place. I know I could of fixed it myself but with that issue who knows what others it may have. Tryen to find a good quality one online. Wish RadioShack was still around.

vKQzlR9.jpg

Try adding a ground from your alternator casing to chassis.

I have no noise whatsoever I did the big3 and also added that ground wire from alternator casing to chassis.i have the same noise and also static from speakers before but they alll disappeared.

Awesome I will do that tomm thanks for the advice

—————————————————

More to come...

Pats4life u are the man had a few min between the rain stoping to run a 4awg from the alternator top left bolt that holds the alternator cover to the left side of the chassis. Did a test run with the car and zero alternator noise. I’ll do another test on my way to work sat with ac and whatnot on to increase load but I have a feeling you were right on the money. I’m prob gonna take the ground loop isolators out so I have less breaks in the signal and hopefully the noise doesn’t come back.

—————————————————

More to come...

Pats4life u are the man had a few min between the rain stoping to run a 4awg from the alternator top left bolt that holds the alternator cover to the left side of the chassis. Did a test run with the car and zero alternator noise. I’ll do another test on my way to work sat with ac and whatnot on to increase load but I have a feeling you were right on the money. I’m prob gonna take the ground loop isolators out so I have less breaks in the signal and hopefully the noise doesn’t come back.

—————————————————

More to come...

There's always so many things u can do.. I changed out my Window Switches and panels to the piano black versions and the switches have Chrome Tips.. You can do some custom hydro dipping. You have to really think what you want to do and slowly build it. Nothing better than watching your car evolve in front if your eyes to what you envisioned. I always think I'm done then think of sime small details I can do.

I hear ya man I’m waiting for summer to do my painting. As for the switches I went reg black over my tan ones and plan to paint the tan blue anyways. Past that yeah ur right it basically is all custom at this point. Only things I’m missing that I can buy is coil overs/airbags, new alternator which I don’t need, and maybe those pullys but I don’t believe the hp gain would be worth the cost for those.

—————————————————

More to come...

I hear ya man I’m waiting for summer to do my painting. As for the switches I went reg black over my tan ones and plan to paint the tan blue anyways. Past that yeah ur right it basically is all custom at this point. Only things I’m missing that I can buy is coil overs/airbags, new alternator which I don’t need, and maybe those pullys but I don’t believe the hp gain would be worth the cost for those.

—————————————————

More to come...

Yeah I wouldn't worry about trying to make power.. But doing details is good.. I've replaced a lot of nuts and bolts with Burnt Titanium.. Any Plans to do Upholstery Work?

Not this year at least. If I do upholstery it will be costly cuz I will need to replace the bottom of the seats with black, then door panels as well. So maybe next year I’ll see if it’s in budget. I’d consider showing my car if I did. Deff not showing it w my seat covers. I’m gonna look into those seatbelt covers you got though they look great.

—————————————————

More to come...

Update still have a faint whine from the alternator. Think I will revisit that ground and actually sand that part of the chassis it’s bolted too. If that doesn’t work next step is the in line noise isolator. It all came back when I took the ground loop isolators out but they weren’t allowing my speaker amps to turn on with auto sence. So maybe I run a rem and keep em on or I might try buying new ground loop isolators cuz the ones I was using were miss matched from my box of wires in my basement.

—————————————————

More to come...

Update still have a faint whine from the alternator. Think I will revisit that ground and actually sand that part of the chassis it’s bolted too. If that doesn’t work next step is the in line noise isolator. It all came back when I took the ground loop isolators out but they weren’t allowing my speaker amps to turn on with auto sence. So maybe I run a rem and keep em on or I might try buying new ground loop isolators cuz the ones I was using were miss matched from my box of wires in my basement.

—————————————————

More to come...

Yes that’s I did I sanded all ground points to bare metal,that’s probably why you still have the noise.