LegacyGT.com

Can't Unlock door with Key

Starting a few weeks ago I started running into issues with unlocking my DS door with the key. It gives a rubbery feeling, can't even unlock from the inside. It's not persistent, sometimes locking+unlocking with key or FOB it'll work.

Last week I replaced the actuator and while it was apart took a look around and everything looked/felt fine and tight. Could it just be a matter of needing some wd40 or something else just sprayed in the latch?

No fun climbing in and out the PS door(getting old.......)

Guess i'll just have to take it all apart again, have to find diagram of what may be plastic/rubber in the assembly. It's seems to only happen when it's hot out, this past weekend at night and this morning it was fine. When I had it all apart to replace the actuator everything felt solid.

Where did you get the part from? Pop the rods off and manually test each one attached to the actuator. If any of them are hard to move, it's the actuator. Not being able to manually operate it via the key or flipping the lock points at the actuator.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just closing this out, I could never get the door open myself. Ended up bringing to the dealer to work on it as my local shop was a bit hesitant. They were able to get the door open with only a minor scuff or two to the door panel. They confirmed it was the latch that was the problem and replaced it with the one I had purchased.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just closing this out, I could never get the door open myself. Ended up bringing to the dealer to work on it as my local shop was a bit hesitant. They were able to get the door open with only a minor scuff or two to the door panel. They confirmed it was the latch that was the problem and replaced it with the one I had purchased.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sorry you had to go to the dealership. Most any body shop can open the door without damage.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 months later...

Sorry for another question: Is the latch mechanism the mechanical part inside the plastic cover on the actual look or something else (my english is not so good with these things)?

The actuator I suppose is the small electrical engine with the plastic screw, or am I lost?