LegacyGT.com

Gates Alternator/PS Belt Part No.

Hey everyone, after completing my timing belt job I've ironically gotten hung up on something that's really simple - I can't seem to get my new alternator belt onto the car. I ordered Gates part no. K050344 for the car and can't get it on even when the alternator is completely depressed.

My car has a stock diameter Perrin LWCP. The Gates site recommends the same part number. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Run to the auto parts store and see what size Dayco belt fit's and how it matches your Gates.

I've been running the same Dayco belts since Sept 20 2008

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm the third owner of the car but reviewing the parts list I think the answer is no, not the alt pulley. It looked stock as well from what I remember.

Why, did K050344 work for you?

Yes, I have w/o issues: (NBH 25050344) BELT: alternator

Napa also lists Bando belt (ATM 5PK875) as fitting.

Yes, I have w/o issues: (NBH 25050344) BELT: alternator

Napa also lists Bando belt (ATM 5PK875) as fitting.

So K050344 did work for you? This is for the alternator and power steering? Weird. The belt that my car is using right now is Bando 5PK880 which I'm guessing is a slightly bigger circumference than 5PK875. It's a little too big actually and the nut on the tensioner is too close to the belt - though the belt may have stretched over time.

Either way, my new belt is in the mail and I will report back after I attempt installing it. This is all kind of weird - maybe there's something about this car I'm not aware of.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Archived