LegacyGT.com

DIY: 05-07 All-in-One Flip Key Mod Conversion

Great write up. I have the 2 keys you started with but they were unable to pair (remote side) and a buddy of mines that works at service tried to program the transponder and was unable to do that also. Make sure returns are allowed from where you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
Anyone know if this would still work with the 08/09 key fob even with the buttons in a different order?

^ Do you mean the Square-Shaped Remote/Key Combo?

If so, I haven't found a Flip Case that fits it's Transmitter Module.

Also, I haven't found a Flip Case, with the Right Key Blade for an 07 LGT.

When I asked the vendor, for a different Blade, they sent one that fits the 07 LGT, but doesn't, fit the Flip Case :(

If anyone knows where to get a Flip-Case w/ 07 Blade, it would be appreciated.

I already have the 10 Transmitter-Module and Cloned-Transponder ready to go into it.

^ Do you mean the Square-Shaped Remote/Key Combo?

If so, I haven't found a Flip Case that fits it's Transmitter Module.

Also, I haven't found a Flip Case, with the Right Key Blade for an 07 LGT.

When I asked the vendor, for a different Blade, they sent one that fits the 07 LGT, but doesn't, fit the Flip Case :(

If anyone knows where to get a Flip-Case w/ 07 Blade, it would be appreciated.

I already have the 10 Transmitter-Module and Cloned-Transponder ready to go into it.

Yea, the square one. That makes sense since I couldn't find one myself either.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back to life once again... I ordered a FOB with the FCC ID: CWTWBU766 for my 2006 OBXT. After a dozen attempts to program the remote yesterday I have given up. I was re-reading this thread and noticed OP said the ID was CWTWB1U766 in a more recent post. Did I get the wrong FOB? Or is mine just a dud? I can return it no problem but want to make sure I am using the right P/N.

Searching the later mentioned FCC ID: CWTWB1U766 shows a very different fob that will not work for the conversion.

For what its worth I took the new (not working) fob apart and verified the battery is outputting 3ish volts. Also verified FCC ID number on the remote unit. The link to the eBay part I'm using is below -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-2010-SUBARU-LEGACY-REMOTE-HEAD-KEY-FOB-57497-AG48A-CWTWBU766/292775725906?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

• 1 year later...
Bringing this back to life once again... I ordered a FOB with the FCC ID: CWTWBU766 for my 2006 OBXT. After a dozen attempts to program the remote yesterday I have given up. I was re-reading this thread and noticed OP said the ID was CWTWB1U766 in a more recent post. Did I get the wrong FOB? Or is mine just a dud? I can return it no problem but want to make sure I am using the right P/N.

Searching the later mentioned FCC ID: CWTWB1U766 shows a very different fob that will not work for the conversion.

For what its worth I took the new (not working) fob apart and verified the battery is outputting 3ish volts. Also verified FCC ID number on the remote unit. The link to the eBay part I'm using is below -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-2010-SUBARU-LEGACY-REMOTE-HEAD-KEY-FOB-57497-AG48A-CWTWBU766/292775725906?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

I ordered this one;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153769766639

If I remember correctly, I had a LockSmith Program it, with his Programmer, and it worked.

However, it didn't fit the FlipKey Case, so I had to buy an OEM Transmitter (to fit the FlipKey Case).

I think there are only (4) RF Remote Slots, so I gave up that eBay Tx's, Slot for the OEM Transmitter.

In total I have:

(2) OEM Square Tx/Key [CWTWBU745],

(1) OEM Pentagon Tx/Key [CWTWBU766] in Flip Case,

(1) Original Tx w/ Separate Key [NHVWB1U711]

I had to clone some Transponders to get all (4) Keys to start the car.

I think only (2) Transponder Slots are allowed.

Your problem might be trying to program the Tx yourself, as the Locksmiths Machine makes it much easier.