LegacyGT.com

06 nav in 05 LGT...what harness do i need and where can i buy one?

Hookedontronics

I am working on getting this to work. The NAVI Screen requires 2 connectors that are hard to find. 1 20pin connector(audio) 1 16pin connector(ECU controls and Navi operation) The DVD drive also needs a 10pin that wires into I believe the 16pin connector. That 10pin supposedly can be had through Kenwoods site. I am working on getting my Navi setup in my 05 but I also have an 08 P-204UH radio that supposedly wires into the Navi and that is it but have not confirmed it yet.

You don't really need the Connectors if you can't find them I just used some Wires on mine and am thinking of SILICONE to use as a space sealer for the Connectors so they don't ever fall out or Short Circuit since SILCONE is non conductive. Problem solved no one will ever see my ghettoness and I can go on with my Navi setup. As for wiring it up again that is simple too there is a fairly good writeup on how to do that too.

I went ahead and Wired everything. It's 4:20AM and I have work at 9AM so I'm going to try and get some sleep. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have all the wires connected to the correct pin. Then we shall see how well it works. I can't show you guys GPS because I don't have an Antenna. I could Ghetto rigg the GPS wire into my Radio Antenna and see if that works but I doubt it.

Ok I have some free time. I am going to go out and wire this up and see how it is now that I have the Connection from the Gauge Cluster wired too. Only thing I'll be missing is the GPS antenna and Audio(waiting on supplies to get this working)

Well It works. Even without the GPS Antenna. Took it on a 5 mile journey and the map works and so do the options on the Navi. For some reason though 1 feature on it(auto-Lock) doesn't seem to work. Oh well would have been a cool feature but everything else works as it should. There is 1 big thing that is kinda erking me a little. When I took out the cubby with the Clock it has info for the Airbags. When you Remove the Clock the airbag light on the Gauges come on. So I have to find a pin out of the clock connector and track that wire down and wire it somehow to get that light to go away.

THE NAVI WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived