LegacyGT.com

PNW EVENT Calendar: WA and OR

AKLGT

I'll admit I suffered after selling the Aeron, but racing is racing.

Kip mentioned it a couple of years but we couldn't sync our schedules. Looks fun. If I could find a co-pilot, it'd be fun.

Other than Maryhill, Ive driven most of those roads. In the pnw section, there's a best roads thread. Kind of a bucket list of automotive delights.

Kyle Woyshnis seems like an incredibly chill guy. Would love to one day meet him. Lots of cool people in the space of our cars. Will you guys be able to have a whole lot of fun with the COVID situation, do you think?

The family is fantastic!

I don't think COVID will have too much of an impact considering they held this last year at, arguably, the height of the COVID season/scare.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Kip mentioned it a couple of years but we couldn't sync our schedules. Looks fun. If I could find a co-pilot, it'd be fun.

Other than Maryhill, Ive driven most of those roads. In the pnw section, there's a best roads thread. Kind of a bucket list of automotive delights.

Yeah, I've got a lot of good roads around here still yet to see. I do live just down the road from Germantown/Skyline Boulevard, which is quite a fun drive if it's not freezing and wet. The backroad from Wilsonville to Newberg is also a blast. I'd love to do Maryhill, but it seems like it's really shut off from the general public.

The family is fantastic!

I don't think COVID will have too much of an impact considering they held this last year at, arguably, the height of the COVID season/scare.

Oh yeah, actually if I recall, Nick told me that he could hear the BLM protests going on outside his hotel room downtown when he went along this last year.

Gah... you all are making me want to do this so bad. But I gotta save my pennies, get the wagon to not be broken, and get my damn teeth fixed. If you bug me about it enough though, I might cave. We'll see.

I encourage you to find a co-pilot.

I never saw that thread. When I first got up to WA, Kyle was the first I had ever interacted with and he dropped a list of roads and routes I have in my notes. We drove the Hood Canal Loop. I think I've done the 101 Loop. And I've taken Paradise Road only to the base of Mt. Ranier. Otherwise, I haven't seen many roads at all since moving. Headed to look for that thread now...

MILKRUN  - Click Here

post it. It might be archived because i didn't see it.

The river road from Eburg to Yakima is crazy. Old-skool concrete with banked corners. My grandfather claimed doing it on a Motorcycle in the 1930's in 45 minutes. If I didnt know how he learned to drive, I'd call bs. I took my wife and boxkita down it the wagon. I think divorce was mentioned.

Nearly all the roads around Mt Rainier are worthy. There's a road west of Bend that goes through the lava beds. Rattlesnake ridge is eastern Washington (100+ turn in a couple dozen miles).

Search for pnw motorcycle roads.

https://roadsnw.com/

https://www.motorcycleroads.com/motorcycle-rides-in/washington

chuckanut road has been repaved/fixed. Still scenic but tortured concrete sections are long gone taking alot of the terror away. :)

Mercer island circumnavigation is best done with a radar/laser jammer and a super quiet exhaust. Exceeding the speed limit is at your own risk. My first time concluded with sirens but no stops. Found other routes to flog my car on.

The Olympic peninsula has lots of cool roads. Many with no traffic. Ozette Lake Rd is paved dead end. If you are off-road capable, the logging / forest service roads are epically fun, many still used for rallies. hwy 113 is a nice run , especially if you are returning from taking 112 to the end and back.

Hwy 101 in Oregon on the coast is always fun, as long as you are not trapped behind an RV. Almost every road off it offers a degree of fun, too.

Maryhill is generally open to cyclists/pedestrians. But I believe the Muesem rents it out to motorcycle clubs and automotive clubs/events.

Priorities, remember? But if we do see you, you'll be greeted with glee. The more the merrier!

If you are in Tacoma, 38th street to hwy 7 to i5 is good for a high-speed cloverleaf that's good for checking your 15yo suspension.

Maryhill Loops - https://www.maryhillmuseum.org/outside/historic-maryhill-loops-road

"Historically, it was part of a larger road that encompassed several miles over which seven different experimental roads were constructed. It rises 850 feet in a series of 25 curves, eight of them hairpin turns, at a grade of 5%. In 1998, a 3.6 mile section of the road was completely refurbished and received the Outstanding Project of Historical Significance Award from the American Public Works Association, Washington State Chapter.

"

A mustang driving the road -

Edited by boxkita

post it. It might be archived because i didn't see it.

The river road from Eburg to Yakima is crazy. Old-skool concrete with banked corners. My grandfather claimed doing it on a Motorcycle in the 1930's in 45 minutes. If I didnt know how he learned to drive, I'd call bs. I took my wife and boxkita down it the wagon. I think divorce was mentioned.

Just looked up this road after you mentioned it. WOW. I need to make a drive through there ASAP. That looks amazing.

These days, I would find an attorney first ( I use Michael Sheehan), then a really good radar/lazer detector, and really good/bright/long throw driving lights, with a good ditch light. A quiet exhaust helps too.

Waze or something similar probably helps, too.

Having a good lawyer doesn't always keep you out of jail. Speeding is against the law. Hitting an animal at speed makes a mess. ymmv.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pre-Meet will be taking place at 9:00 Sunday, October 10, 2021 at Starbucks (address above). We will head out about 9:30 to DirtFish Rally School for Wagonfest. Time of arrival will be around 10:30 which will give 30mins to find parking before the event starts.

Please share this via Facebook, instagram, [insert social media here]. Not restricted to BPs, but you'll be outnumbered.

Looking forward to seeing old and meeting new!

Get Wagonfest tickets here: https://www.avants.com/events/2021/10-10/wagonfest-2021

318222406_BPPre-Meet(GranTurismoTheme).thumb.jpg.e2d74a13e488577ba8d0c15c5318f9bc.jpg

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 8 months later...

Hey all! Super last minute invitation, but if you are interested in driving the Hood Canal Loop, a couple buddies and myself will be going this Friday evening, June 24th. We're trying to keep this around 10 cars, give or take a few.

For those south/near Tacoma: we'll be meeting at Target (3320 S 23rd St, Tacoma, WA 98405) at 5:00pm and departing, north toward our start point, at 5:15pm.

For those north of Tacoma/Seattle: we'll be meeting you at the junction where Hood Canal Floating Bridge and HWY 104 meet. Taking the ferry would be the best way for you to get there, plan accordingly. If you're looking at the maps, it's the unmarked pull-off lot just west of Bubba's Country Cue. We will meet you there between 6:15 - 6:30pm.

If y'all have any questions send them my way.

Going:

- myself

- 08 3.0R (ckwaters)

- Skyline GTST

- G42 M240

Pending responses:

- 991 911

- B5 S4

- B8 S4

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 10 months later...