LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Subaru Legacy 2.5i

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bpalumbo: Yes, I was referring to the intake manifold gaskets. The N/A spacers are now on my car, so I can confirm fitment for our cars. The GT spacers will require trimming and maybe drilling b/c the manifold is different.

T_Atland: I have the Perrin pulley (black) brand new in box if you are interested. $100 shipped is what I'm looking for.

• 1 month later...
Thought I would throw this in...I have a 2005 LGT...the axleback portion of my car fit perfectly on my friends 2008 NA Legacy...the tips are much more aggressive looking from the LGT than on the NA...sound didn't change much but the appearance alone from the back was worth the 15min install.

• 1 month later...

Let me just say I am new and looking for some honest answers, Not smart ass' saying you should buy another Subaru B.S. Lets face it I would not be here if that was an option. So here is my dilemma I am upgrading my 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i non turbo. I am following the steps provided, however, Group A for the throttle body is gone, But I found Ebay item Number: 171325311283 I also found a CAI Ebay item number: 191247935766 I just want clarity they will fit and I also can not find anything other then a crank shaft pulley for the vehicle yet a alternator and power steering are mentioned. I did locate the intake manifold spacer. My motor is a EJ25 what other models and years is my motor compatible with? I am saving for the AVO turbo kit fuel pump and injectors and will be having the car tuned.

Final question: the UEL Header for the Car. I hear it can/can't fit. I want them and want to know where to get them and want to know honest what is involved and needed to make them fit. Thank you all.

• 1 month later...

ok ive been researching like crazy on here and nasioc! and every after market website i could find. the problem im having is that my 2010 legacy 2.5i na needs a new cat! But that is harder then it sounds apparently i have to replace the headers right? thought i was going to be cheap and easy. but im having a problem finding an aftermarket header that willl give me some performance as well (high flow cat or either no cat). all i can find is an oem replacement. i would like to kill to birds with one stone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

would it mess up my 02 sencor readings if i just gut the cat out? havent done that in ab 8yrs ago when i had a transam.

• 2 months later...
I understand they do come either way. I meant to say I have the auto too btw. I'm just curious for my own knowledge what would really have to go into that kind of job. Plus down the road once I pay my car off and loose the warrenty I'd like to look into swaping an 09 STi engine and trans (and associated parts) to extend the life of my 4th gen Legacy body.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently came into the Subaru market and want a better sound from my engine. The 07 Legacy 2.5i sadly has equal length headers. Looking to possibly salvage some unequal length headers and throw on some nameless axle back tips. Can anyone tell me if I'll I'll run into problems with this?... also are there any noteworthy axlebacks that I could consider becides the nameless?

Thanks.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello all, new here. Drop the timing belt on my 2005 Subaru Outback. Need to swap an engine. Looking for direction and advice. Bought an engine that has tgv butterflies on the intake and and the original did not. How do I make this engine work with my vehicle?