LegacyGT.com

V3 BNR turbocharger upgrades

Hey all!

It's been a long while since I've been here posting. Glad to see everyone is still active.

We have been flooded with business at the shop for a long while! Our web site has been down for a year now. I thought it would give us a break but we're having record month after record month even without a site. I will work on getting a site going after tax season.

I have wanted to revamp my LGT XT turbochargers really ever since people were saying they missed how bolt up friendly the V1's were. My sales went down with the v2 and ease of install was discouraging. But since my exhaust housing tooling got ruined, I had to make new tooling. This time we implemented all of the same flange angles as the vf40-46-52 turbochargers to make perfect fitment!

We also implemented other changes which will make install much easier. The actuators are adjustable from 13-26 psi just by loosening the jam nuts on the rod ends. Another Change is the waste gate and pressure barbs are stock size so the OE Rubber T installs no problem!

Here are some pictures and some details!

Interesting! Will these come with the same options and wheel sizes you had been selling?

Yes sir. As direct fit as the Version 1's from years ago!

Here are the 20G units with the high flow TD05H turbine wheel.

1143963583_20gfront.jpg.1b0ef8a30cfda027eae9dcf9ecf1004e.jpg

160389922_20grear.jpg.026a7519cba692b974f952d184a7452e.jpg

1799708548_20gside.jpg.3949472da4f91778691483ac6bba7506.jpg

Right after i ordered my 20g and shredded my 5speed, i made 417/437 on the older style 20g td06h, i can only imagine what the new stuff makes and that was only at 23psi (we were worried about breaking the trans lol)

cant wait to try it

I always see 18g's spool like 20g's, so whats the argument for 18g?

18G has slightly better efficiency at higher PR and slightly less flow. 20G's sweet spot is at slightly more flow and slightly less PR. In practical terms that means the 20G will do better if you're using better heads (like B25 vs. D25) or cams that allow you extend the rpm range some. 18G might be better if you're running E85 or meth and can turn the boost up higher. I'd use the 18G if you're looking to build more of a torque monster and the 20G if looking for every last hp at peak and/or trying to extend the rev range higher. Given the limitations on TMIC size on the LGT platform, you want to optimize compressor efficiency for the range you most want to use the car in.

Note that on a 2.5 it's evident that intake flow can surpass exhaust flow with these kind of hybrids. An 18G works well with either a TD05H or TD06SL2 turbine but the 20G really wants to be paired with the bigger turbine or you can find EGTs getting out of control. Ask me how I know ;) In either case you want to be using the bigger 8cm2 housing. A 7cm2 hotside is not enough for an 18G or larger and a TD06x should never be fitted in such a small housing.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the evoiii 16g and its awesome !

I have it on a fully built motor running 22.5psi tapering to 19.5 and it runs its ass off. I have hit maf readings above 4.0 grev in the winter! And 3.8ish in warmer weather. The only drawback i found was that with a full catless 3" i was overboosting above 5.5k rpm even with a 0% wgdc. Was going to port the exhaust housing but ended up adding a small muffler before the y pipe and was able to get it dialed in perfect no creep or flutter.

Archived