The Bilstein kit BTS 5056J component part numbers are:

Front Struts:

VE3-3109 RJ

VE3-3109 LJ

Rear shocks:

BE5-3110 J

F&R Coil Springs:

BTS5056 VA - (all as marked)

The BTS 5056J kits strut & shock bodies "appear" to be in the Bilstein B6 Sport product group.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

There are Bilstein BTS kit for both BP/BL Legacy (15mm drop from stock height) and Outback (no drop from Outback stock height)

Hello pachilla ~ And,,,, these Bilstein BTS kits are available in which country? Would this include North America? Nope. Unfortunately the BTS gear isn't readily available in the USA. ~ Go figure!

After importing & installing the JDM Bilstein BTS 5056J kit into a USA spec MY05 Outback XT wagon I can safely say it's the Bomb! (the OE KYB choice was low cost budget driven - but you know that) There is a BTS install thread else where here at legacygt.com

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Where Legacy Wagon owns its segment...........

Hey pachilla, I hear ya! The Outback trimed Legacy wagon owns the N. America small wagon 4x4 segment. Rightfully so it could be argued.

In the background faintly heard is the cry of N. American Outback/Legacy owners asking for the BTS suspension upgrade..... Listen you can hear it now.....

Cheers, Mike

• 2 years later...

The attached picture sure does look like the JDM top hat used when installing the JDM Bilstein BTS kit, however its been several years since my install's pilgrimage.

This looks correct -

Cheers, Mike

thanks Schneider. I've been trying to get as close as possible to your deal without buying the BTS...since they went up in price so much. Argh, someone in New ealand has the springs for sale, but you have to be a Kiwi to register on their auction site, and I can't figure out how to get around that restriction. Can't bid or even send him a message. "Privacy protected."

The attached picture sure does look like the JDM top hat used when installing the JDM Bilstein BTS kit, however its been several years since my install's pilgrimage.

This looks correct -

Sorry for the delay in response Imp.

Also looks correct to me, took mine apart to raise the lower spring perch clip to its highest slot.

I'm in CA for work and can't eyeball it right now.

• 2 weeks later...
FWIW, the BTS kit is 20% off on Japan parts right now...

At the moment this price equals $1784.67

The Yen is trending downward.

Shipping to Baltimore-Washington International is estimated to be $244.21 and to a home address in that area $204.76

Picking it up at the airport involves paying extra Customs fees.

Archived