LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Will do gentlemen.

Wife has been bugging me about the STI seat to get it out of the house and into the car so she can enjoy it. Going to get started on it this weekend but not sure if I'll complete it. I'm not postive my current dremel with it's attachments will be up to the task of metal grinding. We shall see though.

Alrighty, took a few snaps of the JDM door cards and also snagged a pic of a USDM door card from another thread . The pop-its aren't in mine currently to help distinguish the mounting points but they look completely identical. The USDM door card is the grainy-er pic in the parking lot.

If my USDM door cards were in better shape I definitely would have just tried to find the speaker grills for the 3" mid and cut the hole for them. That would have been stupidly simple. The only other part needed for them would be the speaker mount which is a little unique but I know madrig made these in carbon fiber at one point.

Also included a pic of the one door card I have disassembled. Just need to do the other and then send off the inserts with the rear door cards to get re-upholstered. I really hate how Subaru used the the plastic rivets to hold the door cards together instead of screws.

1.1.thumb.jpg.e158bd89e61eb71cd0857685868d3fcc.jpg

2.1.thumb.jpg.7964f88494bf7146528e7b9e73916a95.jpg

3.1.thumb.jpg.8f11d212a4ebbe370d4c526aeb391000.jpg

4.1.thumb.jpg.04daa78fdf97d44599e1e973d0833f1e.jpg

5.1.thumb.jpg.8cb9503588c099f0a0c52d3d3336cac0.jpg

6.1.JPG.3ca122643b5577a49beb2e44745037e2.JPG

Bought a complete 2011 STI steering wheel for a decent deal on Ebay. Last modification part I'll be buying until about the middle of next year.

That wheel looks real nice, I wanted to get audio controls but never liked the style we got on our generation. How are you going to deal with airbag?

- Wash the car (close to 1.5 months without a wash - brings great shame and dishonor to my family)

Hahaha, West Coast problems... Come visit North East in the winter for comparison ;)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Indianapolis, West coast, same thing

Lol. Still get the cold of the north east without the snow which makes it worse in my opinion. I can handle the cold if there's plenty of snow to go with it. Miss the lake effect winter's growing up in South Bend where you'd get 2"-4" inches almost every time it snowed. Indianapolis rarely gets a cumulative foot for the entire year.

Other problem is being lowered so I can't use any automatic carwashes with rails. There is only one carwash that I know of within 15 miles of me that is "touch free". Pull the car in the stall, gets laser measured, and the brushes adjust to the shape of the car. It's decent but it's also the only place where I can get an underbody spray down to get the salt off.

That wheel looks real nice, I wanted to get audio controls but never liked the style we got on our generation. How are you going to deal with airbag?

I believe it's PnP from my research. At most I'll just have to un-do 4 nuts and swap the igniter over to the STI airbag. I believe this is Shogun506's video walkthrough. Skip to 8:30ish for the airbag work.

Edited by DoctorDaveLGT

Alrighty, took a few snaps of the JDM door cards and also snagged a pic of a USDM door card from another thread . The pop-its aren't in mine currently to help distinguish the mounting points but they look completely identical. The USDM door card is the grainy-er pic in the parking lot.

If my USDM door cards were in better shape I definitely would have just tried to find the speaker grills for the 3" mid and cut the hole for them. That would have been stupidly simple. The only other part needed for them would be the speaker mount which is a little unique but I know madrig made these in carbon fiber at one point.

Also included a pic of the one door card I have disassembled. Just need to do the other and then send off the inserts with the rear door cards to get re-upholstered. I really hate how Subaru used the the plastic rivets to hold the door cards together instead of screws.

Do you have a part number or how did you source these? They are really clean. My passenger side door card has a dog bite indent from the previous owner and these door cards are in amazing shape.

I don't have the part number for the entire door card but I know some of the individual pieces have them stamped on the back. Believe it or not I bought these used off of buyee.com. Just waited until there was an auction that had detailed enough pictures for me to feel confident.

They are cheap on buyee but the shipping......... thats a different story.

I spend entirely too much time on there.

Just scored some Cusco braces for dirt cheap though.

I hear you, I want an 08+ drivers door card or should I say left hand side door card. Mine has some weird rippling where the previous owner rested his elbow.

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

I hear you, I want an 08+ drivers door card or should I say left hand side door card. Mine has some weird rippling where the previous owner rested his elbow.

That could be an issue. I only ever see them sold in complete sets.

They are cheap on buyee but the shipping......... thats a different story.

I spend entirely too much time on there.

Just scored some Cusco braces for dirt cheap though.

Nice! The shipping is crazy. I won my set for $50 and then spent $400 on the shipping. I justified it by telling myself it was still cheaper than buying a complete USDM set brand new. I think each door card sells for ~$125/ea new.

I hate the wood insert bs. It looks like changing out the wood to silver isn't worth it. I thought all the door cards were the same (unless you mean a jdm one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the part number for the entire door card but I know some of the individual pieces have them stamped on the back. Believe it or not I bought these used off of buyee.com. Just waited until there was an auction that had detailed enough pictures for me to feel confident.

That's not the easiest site to navigate. At least on my phone.

Are they even still available BNIB?

Looks like it, although I was way off on the price. I wonder if you'd get an "out-of-stock/discontinued" follow-up after placing an order.

https://www.subarupartsplus.com/search?search_str=door%2Bcard&page=2&year=&make=&model=

Hey hey hey don't lump me in with the corn growers in the mid west. I've only had bad experiences in the mid west. Regardless how nice people are and how much I like hyvee.

Whoa buddy....we don't even have Hyvee in Indiana. Love the midwest and typing the following as a Hoosier. Little bit different if your living in another mid-west state.

Politics aside, cheap as shit living costs, diverse geography, southern Indiana is gorgeous in the fall driving through the hills, not far from the Appalachians, Michigan's U.P. is a days drive away, Great Lakes, I can get to Canada for some poutine in 5ish hours, solid college and professional sports teams, multiple states with recreational marijuana if your into it, and 4 distinct seasons. You can buy a house to fulfill your country living dreams if you choose and be 20-30 minutes out from a major city or do some city living if that's your thing (referring to Indianapolis not Chicago). :p

My dad loves Indiana and goes up to hunt deer regularly. Honestly only the southeast is what I avoid even though I'll be in Florida in a few days. And Kansas in June was hot and humid.

I love living in the Rockies but we've become the new California in home pricing. Everything else is OK in that sense but idk if I'll be able to buy a home.

Well you guys have given me another place to drool over parts and depending on the condition of my parents volvo 240 I might have a project car soon too.

My dad loves Indiana and goes up to hunt deer regularly. Honestly only the southeast is what I avoid even though I'll be in Florida in a few days. And Kansas in June was hot and humid.

I love living in the Rockies but we've become the new California in home pricing. Everything else is OK in that sense but idk if I'll be able to buy a home.

Well you guys have given me another place to drool over parts and depending on the condition of my parents volvo 240 I might have a project car soon too.

SLC is not a bad place to live, if your a skier...;)

You know my winter drive is at least 2 hours to the ski house in VT every weekend. We have the ocean in the summer and two major cities a couple hour drive away. Great regional airport too. I work right across the street from it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Indiana summers will put plenty of sweat beads in your ass-crack May through August. Very humid.

Ohhh what year volvo? My family had a 240 and a 244 growing up.

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Ohhh what year volvo? My family had a 240 and a 244 growing up.

85 240gl sedan. It's an auto but I'll likely make it manual down the road. I want to see if I can use it for the grm $2000 challenge and from there need to figure out various classifications.

Most people seem to be swapping the heads and throwing a turbo on it but that would put me in modified for rallycross and I think open for Ara rules