LegacyGT.com

I have a question or 2.

I have a Cobb AP V2. I bought my car 2 weeks after the trade-in deadline at Cobb.

The car was in the middle of a JDM swap. By "middle" I mean loosely bolted into the bay. I pulled it and took the old block to Race Engine Design over in RossVegas.

New specs: EJ257 100mm Wiseco forged pistons, h-beam rods, 850cc injectors, AVO420 turbo w/ AVO fmic, methanol injection, Perrin equal length headers, invidia catless up pipe, invidia catted down pipe, borla exhaust. It will be tuned down for reliability and longevity.

Question: Should I buy an AP V3 and take it to a tuner or just skip the AP take it to a tuner?

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

@ampmcv

I called right when I got the car. The lady said it had been open for 3 years and the ended the deal 12-31-18. qq, moving forward. I have an old laptop with win7 premium. Maybe dust it off swap an SSD and ram upgrade! Anywho, will the AP be able to figure this config out without me taking to a pro? I'll do a lot more reading. I've got a couple of weeks.

@ampmcv

I would ask the tuner what they prefer or go from that point. Some tuners won't touch a V2 AP.

Agree.

I use tuningalliance@gmail.com he's the best on the east coast with these cars.

He does have a real full time job but he does respond to IM quickly when he can.

You have a little time, reach out to him and start to build a relationship.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The V3 is a much nicer unit compared to the V2 not to mention the added features!

But if you're not interested in all the bells n whistles and monitoring (perhaps using gauges to monitor the vitals and/or other type of software) then other options like open-ecu or Ecutek are available....the tuner will be able to guide you I'm sure ;)

Either way, sounds like a sick ride and wish you luck with everything (post some pics) !!

Cheers,

Bill Knose from Delicious tuning can tune your vehicle as well, and is also regarded as one of the best in the industry. I've had nothing but great results with Bill. I've done both dyno tuning and e-tuning with him fyi.

I have a 3 port boost controller. I'm glad you said something because I need to set it aside. I appreciate all the input.

I've been flooded out of the shop for days. I go in, pump water, go outside and dig on a new drainage ditch, (until it rained for 4 months I never knew I needed to) go back in, pump water!

@ampmcv

lol, my wife works at Chattanooga State. I live on Sand Mtn. Where are you?

I'm a little north of Chatt in Hixson.

On the backside of the ridge, so house is dry, but we've lost a couple roads into our area.

Archived