LegacyGT.com

Ocv wtf?

I started getting an OCV CEL today so I decided to run a flush and oil change along with popping the OCVs out to inspect/clean. The drivers side one popped out pretty easily but I had to get it started with a screw driver. That's when I noticed that the valve didn't look like they did in pics I had seen. Turns out the body was still in the engine and the solenoid had separated. Luckily I was able to remove the parts without any issues (I did slide a powerful magnet into the hole in case I was missing anything). Anyone seen this before? I guess I'll replace them instead of cleaning.

Anyone had success (or failure) with aftermarket ones? Rock Auto has a selection of aftermarket OCVs for 1/2 the price of OEM

b3eouqM.jpg

I started getting an OCV CEL today so I decided to run a flush and oil change along with popping the OCVs out to inspect/clean. The drivers side one popped out pretty easily but I had to get it started with a screw driver. That's when I noticed that the valve didn't look like they did in pics I had seen. Turns out the body was still in the engine and the solenoid had separated. Luckily I was able to remove the parts without any issues (I did slide a powerful magnet into the hole in case I was missing anything). Anyone seen this before? I guess I'll replace them instead of cleaning.

Anyone had success (or failure) with aftermarket ones? Rock Auto has a selection of aftermarket OCVs for 1/2 the price of OEM

b3eouqM.jpg

Had one fail like that on my 09 LGT it was not OEM it was Gates the other was OEM the car had 91k miles on it at the time(2012). I imagine the previous owner swapped that OCV cheaply then traded it to the dealer I bought it from.

I now have 191K miles on my 08 LGT Passenger side OCV is still going issue free the driver side started leaking at 186K miles. Spend the money on the OCV :)