LegacyGT.com

Reverse camera / mackintosh nav problem

Recently (couple of days ago) bought a 2010 2.5L with Mackintosh nav system

When I put it in reverse this evening, the nav/ radio screen went dead and the radio turned off.

Out on the road I turned the engine off and on again the nav system and radio came back to life, but as soon as I put it in reverse the screen went black and the radio went off again. I could manually adjust the radio using the buttons, but still no display. Of course Iam dealing with Japanese instructions when it is on.

Will try the dealer again but wonder if there is a user problem.

Thanks

thinks it's a 12V battery - it was AA certified on purchase. I'll check in daylight.

It is an intermittent problem - sometimes all good. Sometimes the screen comes back to life after I put the car back into Drive, sometimes it stays blank but can still change station using radio & steering wheel buttons.

Don't know about the sterio's history. Some question for the dealer perhaps.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the information.

The problem has been intermittent - sometimes all good, sometimes the screen comes back to life once the car is in Drive, or stays blank until the engine is switched off and back on again.

I can mention a few things to the dealer

Think the Battery is 12V but need to wait for daylight inspection to be sure. It has been through an AA inspection so would expect a correct voltage.