LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

pretty much the same in california.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

First day of Kindergarten for my oldest today, she is so excited she woke up at 530...where does the time go! Some advice to the parent's to be: cherish every minute, it passes by much too quickly, get a good camera and take as many pictures and videos as you can. No matter how frustrating the tough times are you will miss the good times when they really were babies.

I have been home alone before and enjoy my free time, but today the house just seems empty. :(

Hey everyone, been away from the forums for a little while. Been about a year since I bought the RS. I loved the car but the honeymoon period has worn off and I had been thinking about selling it. Just my luck though, someone hit me during rush hour a few weeks ago, car was fine but they messed up the side and did about 4k worth of damage. That kinda seemed like a sign I should go ahead and sell the car. Haven't completely decided on what to replace it with, I was wondering if my 5th gen bros had any good suggestions I might not have thought of?

I finally took my car out of the garage and used it some today. Another 100 miles on the new setup. Everything worked great. Fast as hell and working perfect.

GTEASER, did you get a new username and vinylwrap your car?

been without my car for a week and cant wait to drive it again... vaykay

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Hey everyone, been away from the forums for a little while. Been about a year since I bought the RS. I loved the car but the honeymoon period has worn off and I had been thinking about selling it. Just my luck though, someone hit me during rush hour a few weeks ago, car was fine but they messed up the side and did about 4k worth of damage. That kinda seemed like a sign I should go ahead and sell the car. Haven't completely decided on what to replace it with, I was wondering if my 5th gen bros had any good suggestions I might not have thought of?

i had to go to your May 2017 post... focus RS.

may I interest you in a different RS... as in Red Sport?

Edited by fredrik94087

i had to go to your May 2017 post... focus RS.

may I interest you in a different RS... as in Red Sport?

I second this, though I also test drove a Lexus GS350 Fsport and even though it didn't have the raw insane grunt of the infiniti, it just felt more complete.

I think 2020 infiniti will catch the red sport up internally as well

Hard to beat a Lexus for fit and finish. They are excellent cars all around. Infiniti isn't there yet as a brand, may never be.

completely agree with lexus fit and finish.

I will say that infiniti makes a very nice product with great reliability from my own experience. I didnt go for a gs350 or is350 as golferdude stated. I wanted something that was fast out of the box.

cant go wrong with either brand. sure, therr are always issues and no company is without fault, but I have been quite satisfied by both brands.

completely agree with lexus fit and finish.

I will say that infiniti makes a very nice product with great reliability from my own experience. I didnt go for a gs350 or is350 as golferdude stated. I wanted something that was fast out of the box.

cant go wrong with either brand. sure, therr are always issues and no company is without fault, but I have been quite satisfied by both brands.

Rumor is lexus is reviving the ISF by dropping the new LS motor in the 2020 version. I mean theres always the GSF but thats M territory without M performance.

GTI, or I know of a nice Forester on the other side of the country. ;)

GTI, or I know of a nice Forester on the other side of the country. ;)

I've had my eye on a BMW M235i, the prices on them have dropped substantially. I guess all the people who had them are trading them in for M2s or something. Only thing is its gonna be weird going to a RWD drive coupe since everything I've owned has been 4 doors with AWD.

Finally went home last night and got 6hrs of sleep. I helped delivered my son since Monday at 11am and he came out at 3:10am on Tuesday (8/21). Tomorrow he will be discharge with mommy and I can bring both home :)