LegacyGT.com

2008 Spec B - Gauging Interest

mmmmspecb

Hey Hey,

This place seems dead AF these day but figured I'd post a dilemma I'm in.

Got a 2008 Spec B that was in a somewhat significant accident about 3 years ago. Hit someone in the rear bumpber, it was a tall as truck and there for the rear bumper was just tall enough to miss the crashbar and go through the radiator and rad support, pushed it back toward the engine.

So, its been sitting in my driveway in that state for 3 years now, making me sad everytime I look at the thing.

No way in hell I have the time to fix the thing, and I really doubt I have the time to part it out. I'm sorta gauging interest out there to you tri state subie dudes (DE,PA, NY I guess, the way the forums classisfies tri states is weird lol) if anyone has interest in taking the entire thing as is. Shit the power train on a spec B is still worth a pretty penny. Feel free to PM me if anyone wants details or to talk it out.

Car does have a rebuilt title from the original owner when it was basically new. It had zero long term issues from it after it was rebuilt and I put a bunch of work into it myself. If this gets enough interest I'll probably post a sale thread. Just wanted to talk it out with locals first! Thanks peeps.

How about some more details on the car. Mileage, color, upgrades, photos? It’s an r-title that’s been wrecked again. If selling as a whole you’re going to get a fraction of what it’s worth parted-out.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Yep, I can add all of that. I guess this post was just sort of dipping my toes in the water and gauging interest for something like this.

Here are more details. Accident was about a 10mph collision or so. Truck I hit, rear bumper was higher than crash bar and pushed upper rad support and rad back toward engine. Front bumper both headlights and hood hit too. Would need new rad/ rad support, rad fans and accessory belts etc and aforementioned front end pieces. Unfortunate situation because if it was a normal sized car I hit, I might have had a scuffed and cracked front bumper and thats it :mad:

2008 Spec B - DGM

approximately 125,000 miles

Mods:

Tien Htech lowering springs

Imfamous Stage 2 open source tune

VBG-1 - vent boost gauge

Tactrix

PLX Wideband Controller w/ A/F sensor

CNT Catted and ceramic coated downpipe

Grimmspeed 3-port boost solenoid

Grimmspeed Turbo heatshield

About 4 years ago had AZP installs do my 90k service, including replacing my clutch with a new STI clutch and the Koyo Rad (RIP).

Entire A/C system was replaced by a subaru dealership about 5 years ago.

Im sure I'm forgetting some stuff... Kids and work have turned my brain into mash potatoes the last few years. So much so that my poor car has been chilling for 3 years with no attention paid to it lol.

Yeah, I'd give you $3k for it and pick it up or have it shipped to TN

Still putting out feelers here and there but I'll def message you soon and we can discuss more details too. $3k probably low but I'm still looking around a bit. Thanks for responding though, we'll talk soon.

Part out I’d guess will net around $5-6k

Ballpark#

6mt swap - $3k

Aluminum suspension bits - $500

Interior - $1k

Additional mods - $1k on a good day

Wheels - $500

Bits n pieces - ???

Maybe $3k is low but I don’t think it’s all that far off. If you’re selling whole and someone wants to fix it. Sounds like it’ll need at least $1500 in body parts, plus labor, plus paint, and it’s been sitting for 3 years so who knows what else. Please don’t take this as me knocking your idea. I just don’t see it going for all that much. Someone’s gotta pick it up with a flatbread or have it towed away too. Hell if I was closer I’d come take a look myself, but it would cost me too much to get it to western PA.

This is the sh#t that sends me down a rabbit hole. No more Subies in the garage, no more Subies in the garage, no more Subies in the garage...

I parted out my SpecB with less than 20k on the clock as it had sat for almost 10 years. I got FAR more than $3k.

I parted out my SpecB with less than 20k on the clock as it had sat for almost 10 years. I got FAR more than $3k.

Apples to oranges.

This is the sh#t that sends me down a rabbit hole. No more Subies in the garage, no more Subies in the garage, no more Subies in the garage...

:lol::lol:. Yea, I'm just trying to be realistic. I have gotten a decent amount of interest so I might just create a formal sale post, or just keep it informal like this too. I am going to kick myself in the ass, multiple times, after I sell it... that much I know. Just between kids and house stuff I just barely have time to do anything let alone work on my Spec B. I'd still be dailying it if it werent for this accident. Shit, now my lease is up and I have to figure out what to do next lol.

I am close enough to pick it up and tow it home. Could stop in at "home" too. But, my better judgement says I dont have the time or funds now and dont need another SpecB sitting in the garage waiting 10 years for me.

Good luck with it all!

I am close enough to pick it up and tow it home. Could stop in at "home" too. But, my better judgement says I dont have the time or funds now and dont need another SpecB sitting in the garage waiting 10 years for me.

Good luck with it all!

:lol::lol::lol: I hear ya! I'll be here if you change your mind!

• 2 months later...
Bumping. Just got all the stuff that is gonna go with the car and put it in the trunk for now... stock downpipe, engine covers, fog covers, springs etc. I think its time to aggressively try and et it out of my driveway :(. Just leased another car for 3 years and now am definitely in no rush to ever fix it. Just being honest with myself lmao.

if you part it out, it'll sit there for a long time. and the part out thread will make you nuts. unless you like a death of a thousand cuts.

the extra 1500 dollars doesn't cover the hassle and time. plus you have to get rid of the shell. Having been on both sides of this multiple times, I'd take the $3k to see it go away hassle free.

Your choice. if it sat there 3 years snd you didn't do anything with it, the part out will be heartbreaking.

/brutally honest based 8 lgts worth of "how hard could this be"

if you part it out, it'll sit there for a long time. and the part out thread will make you nuts. unless you like a death of a thousand cuts.

the extra 1500 dollars doesn't cover the hassle and time. plus you have to get rid of the shell. Having been on both sides of this multiple times, I'd take the $3k to see it go away hassle free.

Your choice. if it sat there 3 years snd you didn't do anything with it, the part out will be heartbreaking.

/brutally honest based 8 lgts worth of "how hard could this be"

oh absolutely. Its why I'm not even considering it. I haven't even considered touching it in 3 years, no way I'd start now. Too much other stuff going on, house work, additions/renovations, kids....kids. and kids. lol

• 1 month later...