LegacyGT.com

Sacramento Mods work

SactoPete

Hi,

I have an '06 GT MT sedan, and am looking for someone in the Sacto area to do an install on some new springs (Tein H-tech) and sway bars (Perrin). I'm planning on purchasing these directly myself (from a vendor on the forum), and would like to find either an individual or a shop that could install these locally for me at a reasonable price. Any leads would be appreciated.

I'm in Land Park, BTW, so the closer the better from a logistics standpoint.

Pete

we did my springs install with an electric impact wrench and a jack. id be happy to lend a hand, if not, just about any shop around can get that done for you.

i recomend DBtuned, paul is a good guy. tell him some douchebag with a mohawk and flip flops sent you.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Thanks for the tip guys - I'm going to see if I can find someone that'll come to me since it should be easy stuff (I might hold you to that offer, IE!), but it's good to know a Subie-friendly shop that can do the hard stuff too...

aldouse, I haven't actually ordered the sway bars yet, was planning on ordering them from JSCSpeed on this board... and yes I believe they would be the 3-hole type (the new ones?)... what do you mean by "clunker", they actually clunk or they just don't work too well with the Teins? I figured since they were adjustable I was likely to find SOME setting where they would be a good match... but no?

Thanks,

Pete

hey pete,

the newer design is a 2-hole. i ordered the perrin sways from JSC and they sent me the 3hole. i sent them a letter asking them to resend me the 2 hole... no response. whatever dont wanna bother. it was fine until i installed the h-techs... then the clunking began. its an annoyance once you have passengers or drive around bumpy roads a lot.... i'd actually recommend the swift springs if you're still in the planning stage.. but if you've purchased already.. then you're fine. order cusco sways or whiteline... you wont regret it.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Thanks for the info aldouse... the thing that had me leaning towards the h-techs was that the drop was moderate and they weren't super-harsh (plus the price seems good). I've heard good things about the cuscos, too, but was going to order the springs and sways from the same place for convenience and to get a discount... I'll contact JSCspeed and see what he has to say, he seems to have a good reputation.

Pete

Thanks, LK4L, wow - it's nice to have locals with the graciousness to offer help, both you and IrrEx.

I'm still in the pre-purchase phase, was ready to pull the trigger, but with aldouse's cautions, I'm doing a bit more research. BTW, I sent a PM to JSCSpeed to find the skinny on the Perrin bars, but never heard back. I'll take that answer as not an endorsement of the Perrin sways, so I'll look for a new source - looks like mostly favorable reviews on the cusco sways, so I think I'll go that route... but that also means I'll have to save up a few more pennies. Until then, the mods will stall for a while with just the TDC stage 1 tune, which already has me smiling... but the springs/sways, then wheels should be in the queue soon. In the meantime, I may entertain myself with some de-badging...

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress. Thanks again guys...

Pete

if you want to feel the STi srings in a sedan leme know, i just did them 2 weeks ago so they are nice and settled.

oh and gime a ride in your cuda, ill stuff my pants with towels so i dont ruin the interior

if you want to feel the STi srings in a sedan leme know, i just did them 2 weeks ago so they are nice and settled.

oh and gime a ride in your cuda, ill stuff my pants with towels so i dont ruin the interior

Thanks, I might take you up on that... and yes, the cuda can be fun (although I'm unfortunately going to have to sell it)... there's something about just jamming your right foot down and enjoying an explosion of tire smoke and eight cylinder fury that just speaks to me.

Pete

Speaking of Sacramento, I followed a modded silver LGT sedan off the freeway onto auburn blvd monday morning... was that anyone from here?

sounds like me. tinted all around? debaged? lowered? sounds like me... i was on my way to AR. woulda been around 9?

sounds like me. tinted all around? debaged? lowered? sounds like me... i was on my way to AR. woulda been around 9?

Yup, around 8:50. I'm sure you didnt recognize my car, since its a completely stealthy green 95 Impreza (The trunkmonkey racing stickers and wheels are pretty much the only way to identify it)

Ill keep an eye out for you during commute time, but I only occasionally get off on the Auburn exit (when cap city is stop n ' go)

Yup, around 8:50. I'm sure you didnt recognize my car, since its a completely stealthy green 95 Impreza (The trunkmonkey racing stickers and wheels are pretty much the only way to identify it)

Ill keep an eye out for you during commute time, but I only occasionally get off on the Auburn exit (when cap city is stop n ' go)

i wave to impreza peeps, the ususaly ignore me tho heh

Ya, new age owners dont even look at me... I do get occasional waves from GC RS owners. But in general, I try to only wave to modded cars now.

i dont ever get waves back from n/a legacies/outbacks...

i dont ever get waves back from n/a legacies/outbacks...

Ya, dont expect anything from regular legacy's/outbacks, since those are in general just normal folks and not enthusiasts :p

Unless of course its modified (there are a few employees here at maita with moded older legacy's, they might wave... ive also seen some other LGT's come in for service that are not stock)

Archived