LegacyGT.com

Outback Tires on a GT

toogrumpy

If I put larger tires, say a 225/55/17 like what comes on an Outback on my 05 Legacy GT will I get an ABS light? I am asking this because the crappy roads here in PA are killing my kidneys. The low profile tires on the GT dont soak up any bumps. I know my speedo will be off, but Iam worried about throwing an ABS light. Thanks.
Life is short - be happy:)

Most shops will not put them on for you as they aren't the size that came with the car. That said, it still possible to get. The advantage of bigger tires is that you'd be low on the speedo, and therefore the odometer as well ;) kind of a bonus with the 3/36, but I'm not sure how that would work in the long run. You'd also loose some acceleration due to the increase in wheel size as it'd throw the ratios off.

It could work (assuming enough clearance - I don't know that aspect) but I don't think it'd be recommended. Not much option unfortunatley. I have a gt wagon and also in PA (Philly area) and I can agree, but with everything else I just get over it. I know not a great response, but that's where the outback outperforms.

I have thought the same thing about OB tires. I bet they would fit, all the other comments are true too. I don't see how you would get an ABS light. Best bet might be a 50. But doesn't the suspension have a lot to with the impact inspite of the tires?

Archived