LegacyGT.com

LGTorv's 2006 LGT Sedan

Hello everyone,

I recently picked up a bit of a project and figured I'd share my "restoration" process with everyone. I plan on fixing this up to be a spirited daily driver. :)

Shopping List - Incomplete

New turbo - VF40 blew up, planning on VF52... Probably won't happen though.

New vacuum lines for pretty much everywhere - Current ones are disgusting, cracked, and are dirty inside

Metal oil cooler pipe - Mine's rusty

Turbo inlet - Current one ripped, has oil damage, etc.

PCV lines - Current ones are crusty

Ebay catless UP - No thanks, don't want cats before my turbo

Ebay DP - Not sure if I want catted or not. I don't feel like being imprisoned if I get caught, but that's not likely...

Ebay Catback - I can't afford the nice stuff.

My Legacy, when I bought it:

UfGGY9F.jpg

$1200. 240k chassis miles, second engine, likely second turbo. It's got some rust. Straight body, clean title. Pass. side of the car is rusty, The doors seem like they've been replaced and there's Bondo underneath one rocker panel cover.

The first thing I did when I got the car home was pull off the intercooler to check for metal pieces from the blown turbo. I didn't find any, so I took of the downpipe and checked out the exhaust side of the turbo:

09v4Rru.jpg

Obviously, it was super wobbly. It was completely separated from the intake side.

The intake side has some wear, and a good bit of shaft play, but I didn't see huge chunks missing. I'm going to do a rebuild this summer when I have the money. I'll be pulling the motor and checking the internals sometime this August or September.

I wrestled the turbo out.

YhEMtwT.jpg

Looking into the throttle body/intake area, found some crap collected in there. Don't know what that means. I guess it's because I didn't have an AOS?

I1hJEdz.jpg

I got some primer and paint at the store and set off to tackle some rust. I found something interesting when I was cleaning up the rust.

Q49vWiN.jpg

I'm not going to grind it down any more, but that was kind of disappointing. Oh well. :( Strange thing is, the drivers side rocker panel is pretty much rust free.

Stupid question, but how do I add a signature? Just copy and paste for every post?

Thanks for reading. I'll update again soon. :)

Archived