LegacyGT.com

My dealer sucks!!

Not to rant I just have been burned since day one by them, My love of the car is the only reason I deal with them at all and Subaru USA has told me not to use them for anything other than oil changes.

From the start they did me dirty giving me my car with 11 miles on it doesn't seem like much but it also means its not exactly new and after paying cash flat out i want new. my first issue was the molding coming off at the bottom of the doors and being lied to about the repairs and taking it in twice and still currently having an issue. secondly was my battery dying 5 times before they would finally admit a problem and replacing it with still another suck a$$ battery. Delays, delays, delays with the infotainment system switching from camera to stereo and in between stations. I also have a rattle from the muffler that has been there for months that the techs can never seem to hear for themselves along with squeak from the drivers seat. My passenger side front window would go down by itself or would allow you to put it up 75% then go down itself and pause for ten seconds before allowing control, the dealer told me it was my wind visors and i have to remove them and that I'm wrong in saying it happened long before i installed the visors. I keep blowing fuses for some reason but the dealer never has an explanation but they change the fuses every single time i'm there. At my last oil change they told me i needed wiper blades and mine are torn but the day before it was raining and my wipers were performing beautifully, guess what I tried them right after that and they wouldn't even clean half the windshield. Premier Subaru in Branford CT is an scam and cheat business and the sad thing is my salesman was a friend of mine for at least ten years prior to these events and I don't hold a grudge against him seeing as all my negative experiences have come from the hands of the branch manager Bob and the services dept techs but I do give fair warning that the majority of other owners i have spoken to from that dealership have many complaints of wrongful treatments and or improper repairs and returns for the same issues. While waiting for my last oil change I watched two other owners screaming furiously at the dept techs and reps for having to deal with the same problems repeatedly with one man stating that he would never purchase from them again and he was on his fourth Subaru second from that dealership and both times he was disappointed and only purchased from them because he lived down the street, That's really bad and obviously a pattern for that dealer.

Maybe use a different dealer for your service, find an independent mechanic or do your own services? Maybe I'm stretching here. Also, I don't know of any new car that doesn't have at least some miles on it. They had to get it from the storage lot to the dealer lot somehow. Last I checked, cars don't just move on their own without being turned on and put into at a minimum neutral. That still adds miles, however minute they may be.

Maybe use a different dealer for your service, find an independent mechanic or do your own services? Maybe I'm stretching here. Also, I don't know of any new car that doesn't have at least some miles on it. They had to get it from the storage lot to the dealer lot somehow. Last I checked, cars don't just move on their own without being turned on and put into at a minimum neutral. That still adds miles, however minute they may be.

I agree. All new cars have to be driven at least a bit. It's really not rational to expect a new car to be delivered with 0.0 on the odometer.

nothing says you have to stay there.

my car was new and had 14 miles on it. it still had the white thing on the hood and plastic on everything. it wasn't even prepped by the dealer yet. it had just come off the truck and was sitting in the back when I went walking around and said I want to try this car.

Yes, i know there has to be some driving of the car before my purchase but 11 miles is extreme especially when the storage lot is across the street from the show floor. it's obvious the car was used as a demo but that is the least of my concerns. Subie USA noted several of my complaints as previous issues from other owners from that dealership and has offered to setup any appointments i need through other dealers for me. I am appreciative of the overall efforts they have taken to keep me a satisfied customer and i love the car.

Yes, i know there has to be some driving of the car before my purchase but 11 miles is extreme especially when the storage lot is across the street from the show floor. it's obvious the car was used as a demo but that is the least of my concerns. Subie USA noted several of my complaints as previous issues from other owners from that dealership and has offered to setup any appointments i need through other dealers for me. I am appreciative of the overall efforts they have taken to keep me a satisfied customer and i love the car.

Anything under 15-20 is generally acceptable. They will probably have 2 miles just rolling off the plant. I believe most manufacturers run the car on rollers as a quality and emissions check even before rolling out the plant. There will be a few more miles on it even before it gets to your local dealer. It's not like car will be rolled straight onto a truck from the assembly line. It probably gets parked 2 miles from the factory, then onto a truck. Then your dealer will drive it to the nearest gas station to deliver it to you with a full tank of gas..

As with your other issues, try a different dealer. Doesn't make sense going to the same place after learning that they do a shitty job.

I once had a dealer that wanted to rip me off saying that it (don't remember what the issue was) took them 4 hours to diagnose the problem and fix it. While I saw the car basically just sit there in the lot for 3 hrs while I was waiting. After I started screaming at the desk guy and the service manager with everyone else watching, they agreed to correct the bill. Never went back there. Not even for an oil change!

I put nearly that on my car in the test drive alone. Extreme? Hardly. Car gets driven at the factory, off the line, around the lot which is huge, on and off trucks. Then at the dealer, to get fuel, test drives, yada, yada, yada.

You really need to take Rowlettes advice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 miles is a very short demo - I believe I put 10+ miles on ours, and I considered my test drive to be pretty short.

I believe ours ended up with 17 miles on it when I purchased it. I was worried that they would allow others to test drive it while we were negotiating (this one was the only '14 XT in the whole area at the time), and would have pulled out of the deal if it had any more miles on it, to be honest (a trust thing more than anything else.) They were either good about "holding it" for me for the couple of days...or, no one wanted to take the highest trim Forester out - both equally possible, in my mind.

Anyway:

Which fuses is blowing? Fuses get one chance for replacement before you immediately start investigating. There is always a chance for a bad batch of fuses or anomalous blowing of a fuse, but it's has NOT been common in my experience without cause. So, you are either drawing too much power from something or there is a defect, if the same fuse has been replaced more than once and continues to blow.

The rattling could be a rear endlink, which CAN BE very tough to diagnose. I searched for weeks to find a rear rattle in my previous STI. I had Perrin (aftermarket) endlinks for my RCE sways, and they were great about working with me to trouble-shoot the problem. Even though I couldn't figure it out, they sent me out a new set of endlinks to see if this was the problem - noise immediately fixed! The old endlinks were much more mobile in the ball joint than the new ones, but nothing that I would have considered unusual.

After the fact, I realized that an easier way to check, would have been to detach the endlinks (secured in place) and go for a drive.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Yep. Today I put 4 miles on the odo for the test drive. It had 6 miles on it. But it was enough to get it up from some stop signs up to about 60 mph and take a few tight turns. All I was looking for.

If you find one with say 75 or more, it’s an obvious tester.

Mine had about 60 miles but was significantly discounted in price. Some say it's good for an engine to be somewhat stressed new anyway (seating the rings). I'm not worried.

But all those other problems. Five times with a battery? Easy solution. One other poster even had their dealer upgrade the battery.

Muffler rattle? Denial won't fix it. Some have reported the welds on the interior muffler baffle being at fault.

Was just reading an article on Hyundai quality control. All of their cars are actually driven around a track after assembly as part of QA. It would be reasonable to think that other manufacturers do this as well. Both 3.Rs I tested had between 9 and 15 miles on them when I saw them. Never saw a new car at zero anyplace.

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

From the start they did me dirty giving me my car with 11 miles on it doesn't seem like much but it also means its not exactly new and after paying cash flat out i want new.

That statement indicates enough for me to ignore anything else in the post.

From the start they did me dirty giving me my car with 11 miles on it doesn't seem like much but it also means its not exactly new and after paying cash flat out i want new.

Are you for real??? A whopping 11 miles??? Have you ever bought a new car before??? Incredible.....

:spin::spin::spin:

As another reality check, both our 2015 Legacy and our 2016 Outback had 8 miles on the odometer when delivered to us. We had bought both cars before they arrived at the dealership, so neither had been "test driven" by any other customer(s).

More generally, I think this thread neatly illustrates the universal 80/20 rule:

• 20% of customers account for 80% of all complaints
  • 20% of dealers are responsible for 80% of customer dissatisfaction
  • Etc.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

When we took delivery of the 2017 Outback last year it had 8 miles on the odometer...

Picked up the 2018 3.6R early Dec. with 8 miles on the clock too...

Really, 11 miles ain't bad at all... Certainly nothing to worry about... Heck, we drove both of ours home (200 miles away) like we stole em'... :)

74 miles on my leased car when I drove it off the lot.

I put about 15 of those on during the test drive.

But the dealer I had sucked for entirely different reasons, Carbone Subaru, go read an online review, I bet you find my negative one tucked in there...

When we took delivery of the 2017 Outback last year it had 8 miles on the odometer...

Picked up the 2018 3.6R early Dec. with 8 miles on the clock too...

Really, 11 miles ain't bad at all... Certainly nothing to worry about... Heck, we drove both of ours home (200 miles away) like we stole em'... :)

I see you’re in Bama. Did you buy from Montgomery or Jim Burke?

I see you’re in Bama. Did you buy from Montgomery or Jim Burke?
I bought both cars from Robert Anderson at Montgomery Subaru...

I shopped 4 Subaru Dealers, 2 in Florida and 2 in Bama and Robert beat em' all more than once... Everytime I got a better price, Robert would beat it, finally they all dropped out of the game...

As luck would have it, he's 200 miles away... He beat the best Price on the Outback by $1500 and by $870 on the Legacy that's why I'll drove that far away...

From the start they did me dirty giving me my car with 11 miles on it .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I stopped reading after this line. Im not wasting 90 seconds of my time reading the rest of the tripe OP puked out once my BS indicator has pinged off the charts.

You are either a troll or the type of customer that gets fired from places.

That statement indicates enough for me to ignore anything else in the post.

I stopped reading after this line. Im not wasting 90 seconds of my time reading the rest of the tripe OP puked out once my BS indicator has pinged off the charts....

One naive belief doesn't necessarily make the entire post nonsense.

After all, I once believed all people who bought Subarus were smart.

Archived