LegacyGT.com

Keyless entry issues again

Ok so thought it was the remote it stopped working for a few weeks then started working again but still iffy.. ordered a new one and programmed it and it worked good for about 3-4 days now it’s back to not working.. entered the code in 3 Times now and still won’t unlock.

I also noticed the car will no longer Auto Unlock if the key is still in the car ignition now.. has anyone had this issue in which replacing the remote with new it still did not work?

Not frozen but yesterday I don't know what the hell happened but someone cleaning the snow kicked up a lot of sand and it ended up on my hood and some on the drivers side door.. when I left work I had to manually unlock because the keyless stopped working again on the new remote. Now I can't turn the key in the door now

I had a similar issue a year ago where all 4 of my remotes will intermittently work. I put new batteries in them they would work normally for 2-3 week then back to the same issue. (These were dollar store batteries) Then i bought some name brand battery like Duracell into 2 remotes they worked okay for 2-3 months then back to same issue. Really started to think its the receiver in the car. So i replaced it and reprogrammed remotes and same issue.

Then i decided to get some genuine Maxell batteries and have not had an issue since.

All of these batteries had 2.8-3.0 V when tested. Even the Maxell only have 3.0V when new and after 1 year they have 2.7V and they work fine. My guess is when the battery gets a load thats when it fails.

As for the auto unlock it could be the bcm or the door ajar has no signal.

When you put the key in the ignition with the door open does it even chime?

I had a similar issue a year ago where all 4 of my remotes will intermittently work. I put new batteries in them they would work normally for 2-3 week then back to the same issue. (These were dollar store batteries) Then i bought some name brand battery like Duracell into 2 remotes they worked okay for 2-3 months then back to same issue. Really started to think its the receiver in the car. So i replaced it and reprogrammed remotes and same issue.

Then i decided to get some genuine Maxell batteries and have not had an issue since.

All of these batteries had 2.8-3.0 V when tested. Even the Maxell only have 3.0V when new and after 1 year they have 2.7V and they work fine. My guess is when the battery gets a load thats when it fails.

As for the auto unlock it could be the bcm or the door ajar has no signal.

When you put the key in the ignition with the door open does it even chime?

Yes with the key in and the door open it does chime.

Archived