LegacyGT.com

larger radiators..... what fits?

has anyone tried to put a larger radiator, like a WRX, into an older gen Legacy?

i have a 95' Legacy that is running into some cooling issues and with fixing the problem i was thinking about putting in a larger cooler but wasn't sure what might fit?

I don't think you'd want to try that; the one that's in there now should do a good job at keeping everything cool if it's functioning properly. What's your motive for going to a larger one?

Before you start though, what kind of cooling issues?

the radiator isn't the issue but just figured if a slightly bigger one would fit then great. here is a cut and paste from another forum:

I've got a cooling fan issue with my 95 Legacy that is driving me nuts at this point. if we drive the car with the AC on it will start to get warm. i have to shut the AC off and will usually turn the heat on for a short bit to help bring temp down. the temp will fall back into a normal range fairly quickly once the AC is off. what i have found is the drivers side fan is not coming on. i have tested the fan with jumper wires and it does work. i also swapped the relays around from what the haynes manual shows, they all seem fine. so I'm down to the coolant temp sensor, ECU, or a minor wire issue. i don't think it's the sensor because i was told by a Subie Tech that the car would more than likely not run correctly and probably toss a CEL by now.

Archived