LegacyGT.com

Debris between radiator and condenser

Today, I chose to really spend some time under the hood cleaning. One thing led to another and I decided to remove the radiator brackets to clean the foam seal and around the brackets themselves. Once I pushed back the radiator, I was surprised to see debris covering the radiator. It was mostly grass and leaves of about 3x5 card sized obstruction. Not a large blockage, but a blockage, considering the size of the radiators, this wasn't helping. Add to that, I live in a climate zone where 95+ temps are seen on a regular basis and one needs to be sure they are getting all the available cooling.

Well - I cleaned this really good and then took the skid pan off and cleaned all in behind the fog lights, etc.

How the stuff got there is a bit of a concern as there is a blk foam seal all-around the radiator / ac condenser that should stop this for finding its way between the two coils. I'll point out that the debris was directly in the lower portion at the center. This point ( on the Outback ) is behind a rib that divides the lower opening of the grill front. Weird how air flow works.

Needless to say - I have this cleaning procedure as something I will check at each oil change to be sure nothing is there that should not be.

'08 OutBack XT limited - Satin White Pearl

AVO FSB Bushings | Ralli-Tek RSB | AVO Drop-in filter

Archived