LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Apparently they come powder coated. Everything I'd heard made me assume it was paint because I thought powder coating was supposed to hold up better.

Receiving parts in the mail is always so exciting.

Well, open those jokers up. I wanna see 'em on the car. Don't tell me I have to wait till the weekend.

Lol it might be even longer than that. I wasn't even expecting them until the end of the month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What glue did you use? I've got an e-brake & shifter boot in route from Redline that I'm goin to tackle in the coming weeks.

Gorilla Glue, it set quick and holds tight. Binder Clips were perfect for this job as a set of helping hands. Utility knife with a brand new blade and some scissors to trim excess leather.

It took me about an hour to do the e-brake and 45ish to do the center console. Arm rest. I did not use their shift boot because i have a new OEM boot from when i swapped to a 6speed. The spec-b interior that i bought had a dirty center console and the leather boots were trashed. Surprisingly the seats and door cards are great.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Welp, I got myself a set of S402 fenders. Got sick of looking at these beautiful bastards everytime I logged onto Yahoo Japan Auctions.

nice ! this was on yahoo for a bit now , glad you got it , i was tempted too . i wonder if is just the small air trap that make them so appealing .dam designers , they know our weakness :lol:

Yes they do lol. I was also surprised for how long they've been on the auctions. Everytime they were listed the acution time was 1-2 days tops, no bids, and quickly relisted.

I'm anxious to see what the shipping cost will be for these. Probably going to be the first time I choose the sea mail route. Guessing shipping is going to be somewhere around $650, or at least I hope. The shipping for the jdm sti mufflers I bought were ~$240 but the jdm doorcards were ~$450.

Got a used roof rack last night. I was being real picky on the appearance of various racks. Got a good deal and it only adds slight wind noise that could be mistaken for a windy day. Now need to find a ski box before my trip to Jackson.52deb9a08ee21aead5e479ec9a75146d.jpg

Welp, I got myself a set of S402 fenders. Got sick of looking at these beautiful bastards everytime I logged onto Yahoo Japan Auctions.

[ATTACH]282487[/ATTACH]

Ugh wish I had money to dump into a front end conversion. See you are looking at that bumper. It'll look good, can't wait to see it.

On a side note, has anyone painted the inside of the hood scoop thing? That metal panel? Was thinking it might look good in black or the accent color I want to use (purple)

It started off black if I'm not mistaken, but it'll weather on the front edge like yours and mine did. I'm going to remove mine and paint it black this spring.

My SWP wagon was black on the inside of the scoop, time and debris wore it down to bare metal. I repainted it black so it's a nice deep hole now... Madrid's CF hood scoop only helps there :-D

Let's get a picture. Maybe I'll clean and prep it and hit mine with some vht paint. I keep wanting to paint or plastidip things but it's too cold for a good finish. Maybe an excuse for a trip to st George.

Let's get a picture. Maybe I'll clean and prep it and hit mine with some vht paint. I keep wanting to paint or plastidip things but it's too cold for a good finish. Maybe an excuse for a trip to st George.

Pretty much what you would expect, these are the close ups I had when I did it.

Rather than seeing the inside, it's pretty much just a black hole.

IMG_2276.thumb.jpg.ee869966c49c4265008976deb5fe0d77.jpg

IMG_2277.thumb.jpg.c7faf5199987d4241f9374b0bed37d37.jpg

Replaced the propshaft after 186k miles with a used unit. Rear u-joint was locked up in one axis.

I suppose that isn't bad, but a "non-serviceable" propshaft is a bit of a nuisance. A new shaft was $660 at the local Subaru stealership, $510 at the local parts stores, and the used one was basically $250.

At least the ole silver terd is back to being nice and smooth and quiet. The vibration was getting so bad that it would damn near rattle your teeth out.

:lol:

I got it running right! Turns out the throttle relay was in fact bad, just close enough to seeming fine that it didn't immediately make me think it was the issue when I measured the resistance between the terminals. It's open downpipe at the moment and so obnoxious.

I'm sitting here grinning like an idiot, I'm so glad I got it fixed.

Spent most of the day looking at cargo boxes for skis. Just found out the crossbars are supposed to be mounted behind that front hole on the outback. 10" back from the front which puts it both behind the a pillar and makes the roof crossbars borderline useless for things like bikes and roof boxes if you want to open the hatch.

Do the lower profile lgt rails have that restriction/recommendation? There's no way I'll find a box that fit's 200" skis and sits far enough forward if I have to move the front bar back another 5"

My bike's back tire mounted on my roof rack rests maybe an inch from the hatch spoiler when it's fully open. It's close.

And I ride a 177cm ski being 6'1". 200" skis are some big skis, might need a larger vehicle ;)

Edited by BoozeRS05

The Thule boxes aren't cheap, but the feet slide forward and backwards inside of them. I have a Motion XT Alpine I got on sale. Look up the specs on minimum bar spread.

It's a box geared toward skiing so it's not tall / won't fit huge luggage, but it's long and kinda sleek. I think it fits up to like 213cm, maybe more.

I could slide it forward to avoid the hatch but it sticks out too far over the windshield for my liking and causes some pretty bad drag / loss of MPGs. I can set the open point of my automatic hatch so I slid it to a reasonable place over the body of the car and then just set the hatch to not make contact with it.

qGQc2Fb.jpg

Edited by snow05gtRI

The Thule boxes aren't cheap, but the feet slide forward and backwards inside of them. I have a Motion XT Alpine I got on sale. Look up the specs on minimum bar spread.

It's a box geared toward skiing so it's not tall / won't fit huge luggage, but it's long and kinda sleek. I think it fits up to like 213cm, maybe more.

I could slide it forward to avoid the hatch but it sticks out too far over the windshield for my liking and causes some pretty bad drag / loss of MPGs. I can set the open point of my automatic hatch so I slid it to a reasonable place over the body of the car and then just set the hatch to not make contact with it.

qGQc2Fb.jpg

I was about to call shenanigans and then I noticed it wasn't a subie. Yea I'd love that box actually. Just tried a motion xt xl which should have 3 3/4" more clearance than yours and it wasn't even close. We just set it on the bars as far forward as was possible and it needed another 2" at least to clear.

My bike's back tire mounted on my roof rack rests maybe an inch from the hatch spoiler when it's fully open. It's close.

And I ride a 177cm ski being 6'1". 200" skis are some big skis, might need a larger vehicle ;)

Mine are 176cm. 88 underfoot. My buddy who I ski with, his normals are 184 and 195 (he's 250lbs and custom makes skis) and utah gets soft stuff constantly.

I'll never get a bigger vehicle! This is a whale compared to my civic.

Unless Thule has change the ski box, you need to move the box forward far enough where you need to buy the sedan mount kit so the front of the box can attach over the front doors. Other wise the back of the box will hit the hatch when opened.

I seem to recall I had to drill more holes in the bottom of the box to allow it to move forward more too.

May be the wing on the outbacks is smaller and you may have little more clearance.

DSCN5049.thumb.JPG.f5b9bcbbb1de518f33d8ae4891b5c197.JPG

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

$540 labor to do my timing belt. I think that’s a great deal.

I also had the shop install the IAG “performance” motor mounts. I drove the car home and immediately ordered the “street” bushings for them. Way too stiff. I can feel the pistons changing direction on startup!

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder