LegacyGT.com

1999 Legacy Sedan L

Thinking of doing a turbo swap into my 99 Legacy Sedan L, what are my options out there? What's the easiest, cheapest, readily available best set up? I will be doing the work my self, would like to just swap engine for now. Thank you in advance guys!

To do it right you'll need:

Turbo Engine

Turbo ECU

Turbo inntakemanifold Wiring / fuel lines

Turbo trans wiring

Turbo front subframe

Turbo exhaust/ Downpipe

Turbo TD04 at least

Tune

AVCS wiring*

Fuel Pump 255

Intercooler

BPV

turbo radiator

turbo intake

The cheapest would be 02-03 wrx engine. usdm has intake avcs* and JDM engines have both. JDM Engine Depot(NJ) has then for 1000$. They are old so except bad headgaskets and things of that nature when buying a old EJ that has been sitting for years.

While your at it might as well do:

valve cover gaskets

spark plugs

clutch

intake gaskets

reseal oil pan

reseal oil pump

reseal access plate

cam seals

rear main

tgv deletes

timing belt kit

Bigger injectors (supporting mod)

Edited by RumbleRumble

I see you are also in NJ, and sounds like you know what your talking about. I'll be doing my homework on this for a while before I start buying anything, and will most likely reach out multiple times if you do not mind. Thanks man, this helps a lot!

I just finished WRX/5sp swapping my 04 forester from N/A-Auto. Just for the engine and all the parts to get it to run is about 3500$ if you get your harness merged.

I would have swapped the Legacy but there is a hole in the rear wheel well the size of a grapefruit.

Edited by RumbleRumble

• 1 month later...
I would have swapped the Legacy but there is a hole in the rear wheel well the size of a grapefruit.

So fix it... with the amount of work you just put into dropping a turbo wrx engine and manual transmission into an N/A auto forester, you're telling me you're not capable of fixing a little rust??