LegacyGT.com

**Official** Mid-Atlantic FS and WTB/WTT Thread!

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

WTB: Central PA - Legacy GT or GT Limited Auto Only

Looking for anyone local willing to part ways with their LGT. Willing to go up to $10k if the car warrants.

Musts:

Auto Trans

150k miles or below

Ideally:

2008-2009

Black, White, Grey, Silver

No Spoiler

Stage 2 Tune & Components

Aftermarket Wheels & Suspension

Paperwork detailing mods & service history

Recalls Completed

Interior & Exterior 8 out of 10

Feel free to PM me with any information. Figured I would start here first since these are the cars local to my area. I can't post anything in the Member Classifieds until I'm over 15 posts. I've had an account for 3 years but rarely posted!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

WTB: (MD) NA ej25d DOHC CAM sprockets both intake and exhaust

Bought a 98 Legacy GT Wagon that had the CAM sprockets on the passenger head disintegrate and need to get replacements. Would like to get all four CAM sprockets (pass intake/exhaust and driver intake/exhaust) as I dont trust the integrity of the sprockets on the driver side (as well).

tried looking in the local Crazy Rays (Baltimore/Edgewood/Mount Airy) but no joy in finding a NA ej25d to pull from.

PM is the best way to reach.

cheers/

rdleg05

• 4 months later...

I have a 07 Spec B, brand new engine installed, new clutch and exhaust, I hit the rear end of a parked car, air bags didn't deploy, radiator didn't push into engine, no leaking fluids, passenger suspension and body components need complete replacement, I looked at the frame no ripples or visual damage that I can tell. I took it back to the engine installer he agreed about suspension replacement and said it needs to go on a frame machine. Tire and rim look fine pushed into the door. Slightly, I have pics nut just of different areas not a complete shot to give an idea. Insurance totaled it went thru the list it was all body and some listed were still ok, are repairs not going to be worth it? Car was immaculate inside and out prior to collision.

IMG_20200311_171111.jpg

IMG_20200311_171221.jpg

IMG_20200311_171159.jpg

I have a 07 Spec B, brand new engine installed, new clutch and exhaust, I hit the rear end of a parked car, air bags didn't deploy, radiator didn't push into engine, no leaking fluids, passenger suspension and body components need complete replacement, I looked at the frame no ripples or visual damage that I can tell. I took it back to the engine installer he agreed about suspension replacement and said it needs to go on a frame machine. Tire and rim look fine pushed into the door. Slightly, I have pics nut just of different areas not a complete shot to give an idea. Insurance totaled it went thru the list it was all body and some listed were still ok, are repairs not going to be worth it? Car was immaculate inside and out prior to collision.]

Have you tried asking and then demanding they fix it? Can you buy it back and use the check they give you to fix it yourself cheaper?

you don't think there's frame damage, but I can see the apron is clearly damaged. Where it's bent and how it's bent is what determines if it can be bent back and refinished or if you need sections replaced. Just fyi, what looks okay may actually be a compromised crumple zoned that was engineered specifically, and might need to be cut out and replaced. I'm not certified in making those calls, we just don't build cars at my job if any frame damage exists whatsoever. If it can't be unbolted and replaced we won't sell it on our lot.

If the piece with any type of damage can be unbolted, it gets replaced. Would you want your family in the car during a wreck at highway speeds if anything was compromised?

Pictures to assess damage should really be done with the wheel and front bumper removed with extra lighting. Even still it's difficult to see damage sometimes if you don't have the other side to compare to. Also just fyi the damage on that door isn't worth fixing so if they didn't already add a passenger side door and all the overhaul and prep/paint time.

If you let me see that in person I could probably write up nice juicy estimate too.

Edited by Senseless1

WTB: (MD) NA ej25d DOHC CAM sprockets both intake and exhaust

Bought a 98 Legacy GT Wagon that had the CAM sprockets on the passenger head disintegrate and need to get replacements. Would like to get all four CAM sprockets (pass intake/exhaust and driver intake/exhaust) as I dont trust the integrity of the sprockets on the driver side (as well).

tried looking in the local Crazy Rays (Baltimore/Edgewood/Mount Airy) but no joy in finding a NA ej25d to pull from.

PM is the best way to reach.

cheers/

rdleg05

There are a few of them out of in the yards now. I should also have a set of 97-98 ej25d cam sprockets. If you can't find what you need.

Insurance appraiser here. I wrote up a quick estimate based on what I can see in those photos and the additional operations needed to complete those repairs. Using only new OEM parts, you're probably looking at at least $12k. (And that $12k number is conservative.) Your insurance company will probably write an estimate with LKQ (used/recycled) or aftermarket parts. Depending on your policy. That may help keep it economical to repair.

Better pictures of the front 3/4 of the car, and pics of the upper rail/apron from above with hood open would help to get a better idea of the extent of rail damage.

Honestly though, I'd assume it's a total loss.