LegacyGT.com

racing a Legacy Wagon the Pac NW 2014

Sgt.Gator

When your dog is bored with your racecar, you know its time to upgrade.

ROFL! :lol:

That should be in your forum signature!

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We all want to know the latest news...

LOL. I am busy as heck getting my new dry sump installed. I'm also hooking up the tranny cooling system to the 6 speed. Both have required my custom fabrication skills, lots of parts, and too much money. Every time I turn around I'm ordering some small fitting from Summit.

The plan is to have them both done by Sunday afternoon. Then Saturday the 25th go to Surgeline- Cobb in PDX for a tune. If that goes well I'll head up to ORP for the Sunday afternoon (26th) open track session.

And if that goes OK, on to Pacific Raceways the next weekend.

Anybody here a dry sump expert? There are two ways to to hook them up, fully sealed crankcase, and vented crankcase. I was going to use the open vented system until last night when I decided to go closed (sealed) instead.

It's been interesting and challenging learning about dry sumps and then actually installing one. When it's done I will write up an extensive post with pics in the main thread.

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Gator you should probably call this guy from a post in a old NASIOC thread about dry dump sump. Looks like these setups are pretty complicated.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13485639&postcount=22

I have a Peterson tank for the system. It's beautifully built.

Also

"Complete oil dry sump build is included in this

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1272571

Very interesting thread. Thanks. He changed his venting around and in the last few posts had settled on a open vent from the valve covers to the oil tank, which is what I had originally planned.

Good Stuff!

• 1 month later...
Everything looks good. I'll be at Portland International Raceway this Saturday and Sunday. I hope to see one or two of you there.

• 3 weeks later...

I put the Silver Eagle on a diet. On the scales at PIR I was 130 lbs over my minimum. I've made some changes I'll put in the main 4th Gen racing thread.

I'm heading up to ORP for open track on Monday, looks like Shralp may make it too!

Then The Ridge in Shelton WA next weekend, Sept 19-20. I think I'll max my race events by entering in both ST and SPM. All the SPM cars will be faster than me but the SPM run group 1 includes the Pro 3 folks of which I'm faster than 90% of them, so at least I'll have a bunch of cars to race with. Unlike Group 4 where I basically watch my mirrors the entire time for all the GT1 cars to go blowing by me.

And I'll be in the Enduro co-driving with my former Acura Integra, Rocky.

I see boxkitaracing.com has also signed up his Spec Miata for the sprint and enduro races, WTG John!

Hope some of ya'll can come by!

Great! I can get the bumpers out of my garage. :)

For those interested in volunteering, Irdc (hosting club) is giving a free membership to the go-kart track if you do. Along with 2 free runs.

Yes you can!

I met Shralp at ORP and we had a blast running our two LGT Wagons around the track together! More to come on that .......

So yes, I will be at The Ridge this weekend for sure. I registered for both Group 1 SPM and Group 4 ST + Enduro to get the max seat time.

See you there,

Gator

Beauties!

Too bad we took the shot AFTER my off track excursion. The Silver Eagle is a little dusty next to your shiny new engine and brakes Blue Stealth Bomber!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum and want to intro myself. I'm also new to Subaru Turbos and Legacys. However I did once have a 1981 Subaru Wagon I drove across the country a few times.

I've just bought this car and am bringing it back to racing:

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc359/MS6Hayate/DSC09215.jpg..http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc359/MS6Hayate/DSC09214.jpg..http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc359/MS6Hayate/DSC09210.jpg

I'll be racing it in the ICSCC ST class across Oregon, Washington, British Columbia this year. I may do some NASA events too, not sure.

Anyone who wants to come help a Legacy Wagon mix it up with Corvettes, Mustangs, and STIs , I'd love to draw on your knowledge about Subarus and their Turbo engines. Your welcome to join my pit crew at any event!

I'm also building and 818R, more on that later...

Sgt.Gator

Colonel Red Racing,LLC and Racing818.

Bend, Oregon

Conference eh?

Nice looking wagon.

I've been racing in ICSCC and SCCA since 1989 with a '71 Datsun 240Z. Since we were building a house I haven't been out much over the last few years. Hopefully I can get it back together and on track again soon.

My Z:

15894302737_ba442c63ba_b.jpgZ 1 by racerx6948, on Flickr

Kicking BMW ass at Thunderhill:

16078139911_0622975726_b.jpgZ 2 by racerx6948, on Flickr

Meanwhile, I try to get out to the track now and then, just to get my motorhead fix.

Now I need to try and get out when you have your wagon out.

Edited by RacerX69

Very cool race car. I love old Zs. In fact I was just looking at this one up for auction today:

Original Paint 1973 Datsun 240Z

http://vpstestbringatrailercom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/273-2000x1500_zpsxcxblerv-940x636.jpg

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-9/

• 4 years later...
Hey all! I'm considering a move to the Seattle area, is Washington more lenient with mods compared to CA? Is there a smog equivalent that makes it hard to pass with mods on the car?

Gotta be more lenient, my ‘05 GT wagon track car is still street legal so it needs tags and I just roll down to the DEQ station every 2 years when I need new tags, they stab into my OBD port read whatever data that thing spits out, give me new tags, and I drive away. No visual, no sniffer in the tailpipe, nothing. Pretty sure WA is the same way as us down here in Portland. Since it’s not about visual, our cars must be passing the bar with just a single cat in the DP.

• 2 weeks later...

From Seattle, one track, Pacific Raceways, is 40 minute drive. The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton is about 90 minutes. Bremerton is 45 minutes by ferry. Area 27 in British Colombia is about 3 hours, along with Mission snd Portland International. Oregon Raceway Park is about 5 hours depending on your urgency. Spokane Racetrack is about 6 hours.

Thunderhill in California is about 12 hours. Several other big tracks are in the 12 hour range too.

Pacific, Bremerton and Portland all have drag strips.

Wow so many options. I only have 2 that are <2 hours away (Sonoma Raceway and Laguna Seca). Thunderhill and Buttonwillow are both 3 hours away from me in SF. That's about it. Would love to try out some PNW courses.