LegacyGT.com

Motor won't start_Codes P0335,P034, P0345

2005 LGT 5mt - This issue is new to me.

Driving today and the car felt fine, no signs of any issues. Stopped at a store for 10 mins, got back into the car and it wouldn't start. Tried to start it several times (No clicking sounds from the starter, but the lights dim just like starting the motor as normal) and then I got a MIL (flashing cruise control light). After having the car towed home I checked the codes:

P0335 - Crank sensor A

P0340 - Cam sensor A, bank B

P0345 - Cam Sensor A

Parts tested:

- Battery test - Good with the proper amps/volts.

- Starter test - Good, spins fine.

- Timing belt - In tacked and firm.

After checking the codes it recommended to test the battery and starter first to rule them out (part store bench test), which I did and they both passed. Then checked the timing belt and position and it checked fine. Now it points me to the cam or crank sensors. I've done several searches of these codes online, but nothing comes up with the same issue of the 3 codes together. Any help of diagnosis is appreciated.

My wife's balls are delicious.

No, not even a click from the starter. I had the tow truck try to jump start it and nothing, and I had the part store test it, the battery and starter is good.

Going to test the clutch safety switch tomorrow to see if that's bad. It's odd that all 3 codes light up at the same time.

ynansb?

No, the motor was running fine before I stopped. Timing belt is spot on, the starter doesn't even click or spin.

After doing more research, they recommended resetting the ECU to determine if there is an issue. Some believe it's a fluke with the ECU and after resetting they haven't had an issue afterwards.

Going to reinstall the starter tomorrow, and reset the ECU and see what happens.

2 months ago I had an issue after making a u-turn and the car died, but it started up after a few tries. Might be the same related issue coming back. :iam:

Tested and jumped the clutch safety switch , no go. Switch the starter relays around, no go.

What was weird is, after I installed the starter it started after 3 tries. Drove around the block and parked. Tried to restart it and nothing.

Charged the battery and still no click to the starter. It has to be a relay or switch.

Grounds are good and secured.

Talked to a mechanic today and I explained all the steps I took and still couldn't find the problem. He told me it's either the anti-theft immobilizer faulted or it's actually the starter contact points have broke. Even though I've had the starter tested, but the solenoid could be bad.

Advised to change the starter first, so I'm off to get a new starter.

Boom!! It was the focking starter solenoid after all, the contact points must have broke which is why I couldn't hear the starter "click". Not bad for an 11 yr old starter.

Installed the new starter last night and started right up, even on a low battery. Charged the battery over night and it started instant.

Back on the road.......whoot!!

I was initially freaked out when I pulled those 3 codes at first, thinking something major has happened. Then I found out after trying to start the car more than 5 times, these codes would pop up, even though the car never turned over once. Super glad it wasn't something major and just the starter. FYI for those that encounter this same issue.

Archived