LegacyGT.com

TPMS Sensors and Enkei RPF1's

jesup16

I recently picked up some Enkei RPF1's for my 2009 3.0R Legacy. Long story short, the shop I took them to for installation could not get the OEM Valve stems to fit into the enkei's valve stem hole... the enkei hole is too big and the valve stems leak air.

Has anyone heard about this? Am I supposed to use another Valve stem compatible with OEM TPMS?

I see lots of Subarus (legacy's, wrx's, sti's) with RPF1's, but I can't seem to find any information about this topic?

Right now, I'm using the valve stems that come with the RPF1's and they work fine.

Well, to elaborate on the story, this shop inadvertently drained my oil and then sent me home on leaking valve stems. My tire went down the next day while driving to work and I ruining the sidewall on, so I had to buy another tire.

They were able to get 2 of the 4 valve stems to work. They even tried 4 new valve stems and said they wouldn't work. Am I just dealing with incompetence?

find a new shop. nd get them to re-imburse you for the ruined tire.

I don't think I'll win that battle, although I do hold them responsible for sending me home with 2 leaking valve stems. I found the shops page on Facebook and wrote a detailed review of my experience... now there is a district manager bugging me to take down the post and is trying to give me free service. Needless to say, I declined any offer to take my car back to them.

why was the oil drained for a wheel change?!

wow...

The excuse was they had 2 black legacy's in shop. I called my vendor about the RPF1's and he said that there is no special valve stem and he knows of many people who use the stock sensors.

I've got a replacement tire on the way (same tread depth) and I'll take it to a shop that I know that works on subaru's. I should have gone there in the first place, but they typically have a 2 week back log and it's further away.

Archived