LegacyGT.com

Water in Footwell

Hey everyone.

My 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon somehow got a pool of water in the rear passenger foot well. My car has never done this before, and I'm really scared.

My wagon doesn't have a moonroof. Seats are dry, headliner is dry, and doors are dry.

Does anyone have an idea? Thanks

• I Donated
I do park uphill; Carpet in the front is wet too. The water started collecting after a heavy rain this week.

Here are your pissibilities :

AC Condensation Drain Clogged

Doesn't matter if you haven't used your AC lately. I had this issue one winter and I put an air compressor to the hose under the car and blew. A couple gallons of water came out. My issue was that the floorboards were getting wet on the passenger side.

Heater Core

When your heater core starts to leak, it will leak exactly like you're explaining. With you parking uphill, gravity does its job and pulls the leaking fluid down (towards the back seat) so both the front and the rear get wet instead of just the front like most people experience parking on flat ground.

Windshield Leak in the Rain

Your car is 20 years old. It is very possible that the seal around your windshield may be leaking. Same way a heater core leaks. It comes from under the dash to the passenger floor and since you're facing uphill it pulls some of it to the rear

Door Window Leak

Having a water leak on the window of one of the doors isn't uncommon, especially since there is no window frame. I've seen some Subaru cars leak water down the door and start soaking into the carpets.

Homeless Person

Unlocked vehicles provide good shelter for homeless people. Check your car in the middle of the night to make sure a drunk homeless dude isn't peeing in the back seat.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived