LegacyGT.com

Riddle me this. 151, 000 miles original turbo but I have a problem.

Hello Leggy lovers,

I am still rocking my 08 Leggy GT limited GSM. I am at 151, 000 miles still on the original turbo. So here is my issue, it is not turbo related at all.

I started to get a weird humming sound from the driver side, before you say it is a wheel bearing it is not. They have been checked, and even went as far as to replace the one I suspected being the issue. The noise is still there. The car was put on hoist with the suspension unloaded, and the noise occurs only above 40km/h. The only thing is maybe axle issue. Anyone run into something like this? Thanks in advance for any support.

Cheers

Max

Replace the axle if you think it's an issue, they are cheap and quick to replace by a good mechanic. Or at least buy one and have it on hand, drive the car longer until something happens.

Do not buy a new aftermarket axle, most of them have issues, a re-man axle is what you want if you go that route.

The best idea is to rebuild your axle, it's hard to beat a OEM axle.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

You're both wrong "riddle me this" is my rare Tour Issue Odyssey putter head cover!:)

Max's options sound like a good idea.GL

riddle me this, why would a sane person hit a little white ball and then go chase it ? don't people teach dog's how to...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

riddle me this, why would a sane person hit a little white ball and then go chase it ? don't people teach dog's how to...

No one ever said golfers were sane! Why would a sane person buy a LGT/s and the go fix it and fix it and...? ? ? ?

If my memory serves me correctly, don't you strap thin pieces of fiberglass to you feet and risk life and limb barreling down a mountain side.:lol:

No one ever said golfers were sane! Why would a sane person buy a LGT/s and the go fix it and fix it and...? ? ? ?

If my memory serves me correctly, don't you strap thin pieces of fiberglass to you feet and risk life and limb barreling down a mountain side.:lol:

Yep, 63 day's this past season, great fun ;)

I see your point about a sane person, I'm one of the crazy's that has paid for my 05' twice, remember I bought it new.

LOL

Well Max I applaud you, 63 days, impressive !! Never said I wasn't crazy either LOL and I've had my 05 since it was new but have only paid for it once, thank God otherwise I could afford to chase the little white ball, yes it's probably made me crazy.

OP let us know what happens.

• 1 month later...

Archived