LegacyGT.com

LED Headlight Install

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
IMO, If that matches "real life", there's way too much foreground lighting there on the road directly in front of the car. That output is terribly controlled.

This man is right, lots of hotspotting, and it's impossible to really tell without using the same place, same camera settings, etc. These cars have really nice Halogen projectors and with good bulbs have a very decent output. The only really worthwhile upgrade the switch to HID projectors which can be done for a few hundred bucks.

This man is right, lots of hotspotting, and it's impossible to really tell without using the same place, same camera settings, etc. These cars have really nice Halogen projectors and with good bulbs have a very decent output. The only really worthwhile upgrade the switch to HID projectors which can be done for a few hundred bucks.

What would you recommend as a good bulb to get the best light from the factory halogen projectors?

• 2 weeks later...
I went ahead and emailed the company and asked if the hot spotting issue was a normal thing. They had gotten back to me and said that not all LED bulbs work well with projector headlights and that HID would be the better alternative. So they are doing an exchange for me, I am going to send back the LED and get a set of HIDs instead. Once I get those installed, I will let you know and provide photos. So just as a FYI, LED bulbs aren't designed to work on our cars....at least the GTR Lighting brand.

The only LED headlights that are designed to work with cars are OEM ones. $40 China ones that go into your halogen headlights won't work well, no matter how many lumens the marketing material says it outputs.

The only PnP one I've seen that mimics halogen is Philips' H4 with 3 emitters for low and 3 emitters for high. But for the price of them, better off stocking up on Racing Vision bulbs.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I got HID replacements from GTRLighting.com and what a difference. These are really nice and super bright. Much better output than the LED ones. If anyone wants a pic just let me know.
Which ones did you get?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk