LegacyGT.com

Dash Melt Down

Please let me know if your new dash has waves in the passengers side top.

I can't believe this is normal and good luck with no rattles mine don't rattle thank god.

Thank you Mike

I would be interested in seeing a picture if you have time.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will and it will go back if it does. That is not normal and was probably installed incorrectly.

My dealer told me that soa changed suppliers and they are all like that. If it is I would not take delivery until the acknowledged there is a issue.

Just my two cents ...

Mine had a clearly defined bulg where the passenger air bag was. After I took it back to the dealer they ordered me another dash and replaced it again. This also gave them a chance to fix the defroster duct that the tech had allowed a stray piece of foam to all but block off. That my have given me a better shot at haveing them re replace my dash. But the second dash is spot on and my defrost works as it should.

Service advisor told me that the dash was installed correctly and that the plate/door that blows though the dashpad upon air bag deployment was causeing the distortion.

So go talk to your dealer hopefully they will get you a new dash since the one they installed was defective. if they refuse, get a lawyer to give them a call

Edited by black pearl
spelling

I'll let you know when my new 2005 LGT dashboard gets here. It was starting to show the problem, so I took the car in just before the deadline. The service people told me they were ordering a new dashboard, but it could take up to six months to get here based on what they have seen. It is not as bad as most of the pictures on here, though.

**** I missed the deadline

Go in soon, you might have some luck. This was on Tuesday:

Went to the dealer this morning to pick up some parts (which, of course, were not in stock as usual), and while I was there I scheduled my airbag and brake-line recall. Asked the service rep if the dash needed to come out for the job (which I understand is not the case), and he assured me that the dash has to come out. At which point I told him I didn't believe him, but if that's the case I would like to get that replaced as well, even though the dash recall ended last Friday. He walked out, took a look at the dash for about 2 seconds (mine is marginally sticky, but rattles like crazy and some of the vinyl coating has cracked off) and said he'd throw that in too. So now I have a service appointment scheduled for... wait for it... August :spin:

My dealer told me I had another 3 years and up to 999,999 miles . But my replacement sucks can anyone who has had their dash replaced tell me if waves are normal is this something I should accept? My old sticky dash was perfect. It makes me mad enough I went and drove a focus rs today

My dealer told me I had another 3 years and up to 999,999 miles . But my replacement sucks can anyone who has had their dash replaced tell me if waves are normal is this something I should accept? My old sticky dash was perfect. It makes me mad enough I went and drove a focus rs today

My stock dash is wavy and i've already seen my new dash in parts at our subaru store and the spot were the air bag has a slight wave as well. This isn't a concern for me as i know the material is thin there for air bag deployment. Unrelated i work for toyota and if you have seen the waves in new dashes i've replaced you wouldn't think that was that bad.

Johnwr What year is your car? And mine has waves 3 or 4 thanks for the response my stock one did not. And are you saying that toyotas replacements are wavy too.

Depending on make yes, 4runners don't seem to be affected but siennas and camry solara's do i just chuck it up to the long sweeping curves in them. I'll try to grab a picture of my current dash with the waves in it, my replacement wont be installed for a while as the tech i want to do my dash is back logged in motors right now.

Subaru Canada giving me the middle finger...

Regrettably this is our final position regarding the matter.

I have discussed your case with Subaru Canada's District After Sales Manager, who has full authority on behalf of Subaru Canada. He has advised that since the recall is not within Canada.

After further investigations, we have concluded that we cannot be of any assistance at this time.

Regards,

Danielle | Bilingual Customer Experience Liaison Subaru Canada, Inc. | www.subaru.ca