LegacyGT.com

Colorado Recommended Businesses

praedet

I have a buddy who used to work for this guy that did high end sports car tinting and he does really nice work. He can probably tint your entire car depending what percent you want for under $200. I don't have his car but his name is Jesse Farmer 720.877.8290. Tell him Ryan with the SpecB gave you his number and he will take care of you. He also does clear bra as well. My brother used him for tints and clear bra on his 08 wrx wagon last year and I think he charged him $300 for all of it, 15% tint all around, windshield strip, 18 inch clear bra, mirrors, door handles and hood scoop.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys....any local recommendations for a 60k tune up?

When I bought the car (right around 64000 miles), the Broker replaced the belts (not timing, but all the others), front pads/machined rotors, alignment, and an oil change. So I know I'm probly going to have to go (after reading through some other threads) with a tranny flush, spark plugs, and brake fluid replacement.

I was going to check with subaperformance, are there any service center recommendations besides those 3 on the first page that anyone would recommend?

Last time mine was in the shop I took it to flatirons subaru. They treated me fair no bs and id go back if I need to. But they may be further then you wanna go there in boulder and if I remember correctly your over in aurora. How ever it turns out good luck and post your expeirence. Im curious myself since my 60k will be in a few thousand miles.

Tires: Longmont Ford

$5 Over Dealer Invoice & 129.95 install/align

Recently bought a set of BFG Premiere Touring (205/70/15). Out-the-door price was $478; mounted, balanced, installed, and an alignment. Sears across the street from work was ~$625, & O'Meara Ford in Thornton/Northglenn wanted ~$550, and both were going to charge me to ship the tires in (Longmont Ford didn't).

Stealership pricing on other services, but tires are a good deal. Various brands available.

Longmont Ford

235 Alpine St

Longmont, CO

Stephen Nardone

303-827-6123

anyone know of a good place to get my fenders rolled in Denver? I noticed a little rub action when I hit a big pothole downtown. And i'm definitely not comfortable doing it myself. I'm cool with leaving my car for the workday if necessary.

SUBA said they weren't comfortable doing it.

brian

anyone know of a good place to get my fenders rolled in Denver? I noticed a little rub action when I hit a big pothole downtown. And i'm definitely not comfortable doing it myself. I'm cool with leaving my car for the workday if necessary.

SUBA said they weren't comfortable doing it.

+1 I need this done as well. However, I'm comfortable doing it myself if anyone knows where I can rent/borrow a fender roller.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

+1 I need this done as well. However, I'm comfortable doing it myself if anyone knows where I can rent/borrow a fender roller.

I have a friend who said he was planning on buying one for his shop (super rupair) - I'll give him a call this weekend and maybe I can snag it and take it back into town and we can just have a beer and do it together.

If not, I'll post up when I find someone and you do the same. I'm running my winter set-up now, so I'm not worried about rubbing with 215s - which gives me a few months to get this done!

brian

^^ No mine is running well, but it is eating more oil than before. I think it is just from the change in turbos. I didn't use much with the VF's I had but the BNR seems to like to use oil.

While I hate to hear anyone that is having oil consumption issues, I am glab to see that I'm not the only one with a BNR turbo that is sucking down the liters. What I really want to know is where all the oil is going!

Okay. A (hopefully) simple question... Does anyone know where the hell I might acquire different types of BOV springs? My current springs are too strong for my measly 6psi to move the piston so I'm getting crazy compressor surge. I've Google'd, called around, asked anyone who I might think would have an idea and I've gotten nowhere. Maybe even a shop or business that focuses solely on springs? Anything would be a step forward...

springs for what BOV? i might be able to source some for you if you knew what brand it was.

One is the AVO BOV that came with the AVO turbo kit for the 2.5RS ('96-'99) and the other is a GFB Hybrid I bought about 1,5 years ago. I heard Flatirons Tuning is a GFB distributor so I'll try to see if maybe they have springs up there too.

AVO BOV (Little chrome guy in the middle-right):

http://www.avoturboworld.com/media/rs_kit01.jpg

GFB Hybrid:

http://itpower.fi/shop/images/gfb1003_red.jpg

Edited by eekay

If GFB has different springs, I can get them.

Excellent! I spoke to someone at GFB and they said it was part # 6116 and is $12 AUD. If you could get this for me, that would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
If GFB has different springs, I can get them.

Thanks again for getting that spring for me, Mike. Greatly appreciated. It definitely seems to be better than what I had before.

+1 for 5250 Performance!

Just wanted to let you all know about the experience that I just had over the last couple of days getting my Viper 5701 and smartstart systems installed. I started out by taking the units to Xtreme Auto Soundz off 70th and Pecos in Denver. $300 and a day later I got my car back, in pieces. They said that the control module of the alarm was broken, but after researching the company and finding them to be pretty shady for various reasons, I took the car to AT Audio on 2nd and Federal in Denver. Night and day difference between the shops. AT Audio was clean professional and factory trained and authorized to install many company's alarms and car audio. For $150, they ripped out the shoddy workmanship of the first company, to include the most ridiculous "soldering" job I have ever seen, which I will try and post a pic of. Then they reinstalled everything very professionally, and let me sit and watch the whole process and ask any questions that came up. When they installed the brain, the alarm didn't work, and they took it apart and found out the first company has shorted it out. Instead of making me wait several weeks for DEI to repair my unit, they swapped my refurbished unit out for a brand new unit for next to nothing and told me they would take care of the old unit.

All in all, everything works beautifully now on the car. These guys really stepped up and went to bat, fixing all of the first company's screw ups and giving me a great price and service. They also helped me get a refund from the first company, even though Xtreme Auto Soundz did not want to admit that they had ruined everything in the first place. After all is said and done, I just wanted to give a shout out to AT Audio for everything they did and recommend them to everyone on the forums. Excellent prices, excellent work, and great people. If you ever need car audio, gauge, or alarm installation done on any of your vehicles, go to them. The location may make people wonder, but after you see inside, its totally worth it.

Please let them know I sent you, I have a silver RX-8, and the owner said he would hook you up!

AT Audio

138 Federal Blvd

Denver, CO 80219

303-935-7576