LegacyGT.com

size of Cobb dp gaskets?

markc0220k

i just placed an order of Cobb dp last nite and asked them (Cobb) if it would come with gaskets for both ends. Cobb replied me no, but i could "re-use the factory turbo gasket and donut gasket. If those are getting old you can get replacements from Subaru directly."

here is my question, since i'm going to remove the old dp, i really prefer to just put new gaskets for better sealing. But i could only find the dp inlet diameter is 3" and couldnt find the size of the other end. 2.5"? donut?

i'm also thinking to buy Invidia Q300 in few days, and still searching for the size of its midpipe. is Subaru OEM gaskets fit? coz i think the aftermarket exhaust would be little bigger than stock. Beside, i saw some said the stock donut is "male" and won't fit?

so, where can i buy gaskets and parts number please?

thanks

ps: i read so many reviews on both legacygt and nasioc, reviews if Q300 are quite mixed. some said its loud and some think its quiet. i know it's kinda individual preference. but i really want something little sleeper. any suggestion please? i think most of you agree with me and thus you chose legacy!!

Edited by markc0220k

Q300 and stock are same diameter? then whats the point ppl get turbo-back upgraded? :confused:

No idea on the Q300 but the Cobb tappers down from 3" to 2.5" so it can mate with stock. It removes some issues but you would need a custom flange put in for a true full 3"

ok, found the diameter of invidia q300 midpipe which is 2.992" (76mm). meaning i'm going to mate a dp 2.5 out to a 3" midpipe..

so any recommend gasket for mating cobb dp and this midpipe please? saw grimmspeed has one and was about to order .. but some said " never able to get the grimmspeed adapter to seal up correctly ":confused:

The stock donut gasket. You can see in the picture there is a flange on the end the donut gasket goes over. You will 99% change of needing a new one as its a PITA to get the old one off without destroying it.

524203_main.jpg

The stock donut gasket. You can see in the picture there is a flange on the end the donut gasket goes over. You will 99% change of needing a new one as its a PITA to get the old one off without destroying it.

524203_main.jpg

oh got it .. much clear than what i've been confused from the forum now... thanks RWebb!! :)

oh wait, the dp outlet od is 2"3/8? but a donut i bought is 2.5" to 3" (since i just picked up a 3" cbe) , and their size available online is only either 2.25 to 3, or 2.5 to 3... now what:confused:?!

cobbdp2.thumb.jpg.6d4b39808572504ea4e25472d6bcb53c.jpg

Edited by markc0220k