LegacyGT.com

ebo03's 2006 Baja Turbo - IAG built motor, Dom 1.5XTR, Cobb Flex Fuel, Brembo, Recaro

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First round of mods. I'm staying stock turbo for now.

Power:

Grimmspeed catted downpipe with ceramic coating

Grimmspeed heat shield with ceramic coating

IAG Performance UEL header and 44mm EWG up-pipe - Cerakote C-7600 glacier black coating

IAG turbo oil feed line

Tial MV-R 44mm EWG

Custom 3" catback - Vibrant 1147 StreetPower flat black muffler

Grimmspeed TMIC with thermal dispersant coating

Grimmspeed TMIC y-pipe kit

Torque Solution BOV adapter

Tial QR BOV

Perrin inlet hose

Cobb SF intake and airbox (will take a little modifying to fit a Baja)

Cobb post MAF hose

Grimmspeed EBCS

Walbro 255

Tactrix 2.0

Casper O2 sensor 12" extension

Suspension/Braking/Wheels & Tires:

GD STI Brembos

KNS Brakes V1.1 rear bracket

DBA T2 rotors (rear adapter rotor)

Hawk ceramic pads

17x8 Method MR502 +38 matte bronze

225/60/17 Yokohama Geolandar AT-S

Drivetrain:

Kartboy short shifter

Kartboy F&R stay bushings

Kartboy trans crossmember bushings

Kartboy rear outrigger bushings

Whiteline KDT927 rear diff inserts

Whiteline KDT905 rear diff mount bushings

Group N motor mounts

Group N trans mount

Group N pitch stop

TiC lever pivot bushings

TiC shift linkage update & bushings

Torque Solution 3" shift extender

JDM STI duracon shift knob

Other:

Recaro Speed

Planted seat bracket with Recaro sliders

Primitive skid plate

Primitive rear diff cover

Killer B Upper Coolant Reservoir

Edited by ebo03

Day 1. On the ride home from PA. Tonneau cover and stock size tires in the back.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/3a68ba460b7c2c5bddfee86d320a70ac.jpg

This was the day I cleaned the hell out of the interior. Even removed both front seats to vacuum and scrub down the carpets. Definitely a once in a lifetime cleaning for this car. I haven't even washed the exterior once yet.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/c0c5a758e6acaefcb60344771633ccd5.jpg

And with my best friend hanging out in the bed yesterday while I was unloading his stuff.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160630/f0c9cc89cfbf6ae4fcacf2757e4e73da.jpg

It came with 225/70/16 General Grabber AT with only 300 miles. Also a BNIB 2" lift kit with trailing arms. I will be selling both since I'm not feeling the lifted concept.

The car has had a CEL since before purchasing. P2021, one of the TGV sensors is not reading voltage as it should. Previous owner replaced sensor with no luck.

I had it looked at today. The original sensor which was replaced reads no voltage so it's dead. The replacement sensor doesn't read as much as it should.

Since the car runs well otherwise, and in all situations - cold start, idle, etc; we're going to try to replace the sensor again. Not sure where the previous owner got the replacement sensor but the mechanic said it did not appear to be new.

Subaru doesn't sell TGV sensors separately from the entire TGV assembly but it is the same part as the throttle position sensor. He's going to try to get his hands on a TPS and hope for the best.

Worst case scenario we will do TGV deletes and convert to top feeds. For the sake of coin, I'm hoping we don't have to go that route but a top feed conversion will happen down the road anyway.

For the record, GTEASER said the 5th gen forum was as good of a place for this build thread as any other.

That doesn't mean that SBT won't run across this thread and make a unilateral decision that it should live elsewhere. At least in the mean time, our 5th Gen community can subscribe to follow one of our brothers.

So my mechanic called yesterday to inform me that the TGV sensor has been replaced and all is well. I was very relieved to hear that doing TGV deletes was not necessary.

Will still convert to top feeds down the road when turbo gets upgraded. Nothing crazy, I just want something that spools quickly and hits hard down low. Probably along the lines of Blouch's 16G or 18G offerings. They have an XT and XTR in both compressor sizes.

Edited by ebo03

Updated page 1 with some parts that have arrived recently. I'm out of town until next week and a few necessities are on back order so it may be a month until stage 2 and Brembos are done.

Where's the lights?!?! Rally bar?!? Skid plate?!?! Diff cover?!?!

We want more badassery!!!!!

Haha nah I'm not sure about all that just yet. My main focus for now is to add a little power and stopping power. Also swap the nav unit out of my Legacy. I've become so spoiled having Sirius for 10 years and local radio is terrible.

I will probably get a Primitive skid plate before too long. Not so sure about the rally bars, lights, and all that. Although there are a handful of mods I've done to the Legacy that at some point I thought I would not do (EWG and Recaro mainly).

Edited by ebo03

Picked up the Baja tonight. No CEL...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160713/07f0321deb635a9f50861e76c8dffc52.jpg

Until I was 2 blocks from home. Damn thing came back on. I'll drop it off in the morning. The saga continues.