LegacyGT.com

P0340 Intake Cam Sensor code even after new sensor

I have a 2005 Legacy GT that is throwing a P0340 Intake Cam Sensor Bank 1 code. The code pops up while cranking in a very specific way:

When starting the car after clearing the code, it sputters but does not catch and start after the first crank, and then immediately throws the code. If I keep cranking the second crank catches and the car starts and runs just fine. This is repeatable - I’ve been able to do it 2-3 times in a row in my driveway.

I’ve replaced the bank 1 intake cam sensor, and I’ve even tried disconnecting the alternator to see if a noisy alternator signal is causing the issue (see this thread: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2786898&page=2 ) and neither have resolved the code.

Any ideas as to what might be the culprit? How do I test the power/harness connection to the sensor?

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

Did the new connector solve your issue?

I've been chasing the same code for a couple of years now. In my case, it only appears in cold weather. However, I did find this (pic attached) in a manual that another user shared a while back. Might help you too.

I haven't gotten to it myself, but now that the cold weather is here, it's time to get out the multi meter.

I'd be curious to know how you make out.

$$$

Troubleshoot.thumb.jpg.437d5634a43cea5c48b0f8ba59262135.jpg