6th Gen Legacy Wheel Thread

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
20x8.5+45 with 255/35/20 Pirelli P Zero's

b5dc5788ba85ab02c9a84334e887c294.jpg

How's the ride and road noise of the Pirelli's? I'm running a set of Toyo Tires 245/35/20 and I'm not a fan. Your's is the most flush I've seen with 20s. My offset right now is a +35. I'm about to install a set of saggy butt spacers for the rear cause I hate hearing it bump whenever I go over any kind of bump. Have you run into that issue with your wheels?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How's the ride and road noise of the Pirelli's? I'm running a set of Toyo Tires 245/35/20 and I'm not a fan. Your's is the most flush I've seen with 20s. My offset right now is a +35. I'm about to install a set of saggy butt spacers for the rear cause I hate hearing it bump whenever I go over any kind of bump. Have you run into that issue with your wheels?

These Pirelli's are fantastic. I got them from a friend who works at Audi. Guy bought a new A6 or S6 and after 1000 miles swapped them out for Michelin's. The fitment is pretty spot on. I wish the front was 1/2" lower. The rear I was worried about rubbing but I guess it clears just perfectly. Rear camber is like -1.6°. If it were less negative I think it would be rubbing

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Here's some more fitment photos. Also I'm lowered on H&R springs9bccebec28b03dbcebe416980088534c.jpgf5333d7310647f998c4054bae90c312e.jpg2b0da7c7d12692a06a43f773c9a63c5c.jpg9793760d4c13d3005d67d28b5824dee9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

b6f3be08d8703c24eb774b1d9cbdf26c.jpg

BC Racing BR Series Extreme Low with swift springs

Cusco RLCA (from BRZ)

PSM Rear toe arms (Also from BRZ)

Gram light 57DR wrapped in 225/35R19

[emoji2956][emoji2956]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great man! Did you need both the LCAs AND toe arms to get proper alignment. I'm running -2.4 camber out back and I'd really rather be closer to -1 but they said they can't. Gonna some more research on here because I know it's been addressed but what camber are you running?

Was the LCA part KTA216A (whiteline)?

Edited by DougKelly20

Looks great man! Did you need both the LCAs AND toe arms to get proper alignment. I'm running -2.4 camber out back and I'd really rather be closer to -1 but they said they can't. Gonna some more research on here because I know it's been addressed but what camber are you running?

Was the LCA part KTA216A (whiteline)?

The control arms: http:// https://www.systemmotorsports.com/collections/cusco-frs-brz/products/cusco-rear-control-arms-rear-lateral-links-2013-frs-brz-wrx-sti

Rear Toe arms http:// https://store.partsshopmax.com/shop/FRSBRZ/MultilinkSteering/ZNC6TOE.html

My camber is -3 rear and -2 front (Approximately)

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the noob question. I’ve found a set of new 2020 wrx wheels for sale locally. They’re the 18” version and from what I’ve read they’re 8.5 vs the stock 7.5 I’ve got on my 17 premium. If I were to buy them and put new 235/50/18s on them am I going to have any issues or problems with clearance?

Thank you!

Apologies for the noob question. I’ve found a set of new 2020 wrx wheels for sale locally. They’re the 18” version and from what I’ve read they’re 8.5 vs the stock 7.5 I’ve got on my 17 premium. If I were to buy them and put new 235/50/18s on them am I going to have any issues or problems with clearance?

Thank you!

You’ll be fine should be no issues at all.

My "wheel math" is not strong as it's my first car, so would need your thoughts guys.

I'm looking into two different wheels:

18x8.5 ET45 (On 245/45/R18)

Or

18x8 ET38 (also on 245/45/R18)

Which one would be less "problematic" in terms of fitment / rubbing and less speedo error?

It's for 2016 Legacy, Base model, all stock.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Both setups will be 0.66% smaller in circumference from stock, and cause no issues other than your speedo reading slightly faster than actual. I have the 8.5 ET45 setup with no issues. I don't think the 8 ET38 would cause issues either but it will be close. All depends how concave you want your setup to look.

http://Www.willtheyfit.com is the resource I use, and then check out fitment industries' gallery for how much poke you want.

• 3 months later...
Sorry for the nob question but my eyes hurt from looking through the thread! lol I am looking at getting a 18x8 with a 35mm offset wheels. What it the widest tire I can run without any problems? I am on stock suspension on my 15 3.6r. Thanks!!

Conservatively probably 245s. That said when I was shopping for wheels I tried to take some measurements and decided +35 was a bit too close for comfort with my 225s....but I'm lowered. So I got +45s.

Later this year when I need new tires I'll be going up to 245s, but I can add (technically subtract) some camber if I need to. That said I have 8.5" rims.

I'm not sure if you want to go as high as 255 on an 8 inch rim, and I'm not sure it will fit in the rear with +35, but I would check out fitment industries gallery if I were you and look at all the stretch and stance you can find in the same range, even if it's on a wrx or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...